Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EdgeBSD Born Out Of NetBSD Operating System

Phoronix: EdgeBSD Born Out Of NetBSD Operating System

EdgeBSD is a new BSD operating system this year born out of the NetBSD code-base. The project doesn't call itself a fork of NetBSD but it aims to push features and changes faster than the veteran BSD operating system...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Probably it would be easier to just commit to NetBSD itself.

Comment

BSD is dead, why they can't leave it in peace?

I mean, they still are using CVS. CVS! Basic is more of a programming language than CVS is a source code management system! It's sad how much effort is just wasted like that.

Comment

Why not BleedingBSD? It would be even more edgy

Comment

Originally posted by tomato View Post

I mean, they still are using CVS. CVS! Basic is more of a programming language than CVS is a source code management system! It's sad how much effort is just wasted like that.
          i'm with you man
          ...just imagine all this Manpower applied to gallium3d, wayland, driver support, kde/gnome, etc...

Comment

I mean, they still are using CVS.
            BLAME THEM! THEY USE A WORKING INFRASTRUCTURE INSTEAD OF THE NEWEST AND LATEST HYPE TOY!

I think you get it.

Or no, wait. You don't.

Comment

Originally posted by sireangelus View Post
              i'm with you man
              ...just imagine all this Manpower applied to gallium3d, wayland, driver support, kde/gnome, etc...
              Gnome is dead. Face it.

Comment

Originally posted by sireangelus View Post
                i'm with you man
                This is open source, not a company. You can't just apply manpower to a project because you like it more than a different project. It is up to the developers to decide which work they do. For the same reason no one can say that this is wasted effort, since it is not clear at all if those developers would work on a different project if their favorite project wouldn't exist.

Deal with it, open source developers will always work on projects they like, unless you pay them to work on something different.

Comment

...when they say in the article that EdgeBSD uses git, and so does Dragonfly BSD (http://gitweb.dragonflybsd.org/?p=dr....git;a=summary)

I mean, I don't normally call people idiots, but goddamn, check your facts first before you go off on a tangent that's not even based in fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Cthulhux
                    Gnome is dead. Face it.
                    Wrong, KDE is dead. Gnome killed it. Gnome's decision to concentrate on Linux only has allowed it to produce better desktop enviroments.

EdgeBSD: BSD is getting more and more fragmentated. More versions appearing that are incompatible with each other. Unlike Linux in which all distros are binary compatitble. The number of BSD versions and BSD fragments are converging. Soon there be an average of one user per BSD version and then the number of BSD versions will decrease to zero and the world would be a better place.
                    Last edited by beetreetime; 05 February 2014, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X