Steam Machines Ship Friday, SteamOS Images Coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BreezeDM View Post
    Very surprised that people are interested in the controller. From the demo with CS:GO it looked like the guy was aiming at the targets in slow motion.
    You know, playing CS:GO with it will probably be still incomparable to mouse and keyboard, unless of course they introduce a controller only matchmaking option. I want the controller for other games, not reaction time dependent shooters. Casual gaming on the couch with my wife, more like.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
      I think there are already only 1 linux-catalyst devs left at AMD. Did you realize that the last stable linux-catalyst is half a year old and that since a year every new version of linux-catalyst only hat 6 to 10 bugfixes and almost no new features? That cannot be the work of a dev TEAM. In contrast the Mesa/OSS team of AMD grew since the last year and especially the r600 and radeonsi drivers have seen big improvements.

So I say, that AMD already is going in fact the INTEL way.

IMHO - The only reason why there is 1 linux-catalyst dev left is, that they have to maintain linux-catalyst until openGL 4.4 and full openCL are in Mesa. Because there are many AMD enterprise customers depending on linux-catalyst for their FirePro Workstation/Server cards.
      I hope you're right. That would contrast with the fact the mesa drivers are not advancing very fast in regard of full GL 4.* support.

Comment

Originally posted by volca View Post
        I hope you're right. That would contrast with the fact the mesa drivers are not advancing very fast in regard of full GL 4.* support.
        But really, they are advancing pretty quickly recently. A lot of features required for 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2 are already done or at least started. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a jump to at least 4.1 or 4.2 within the next year.

Comment

Originally posted by volca View Post
          yeah. the AMD oss team must be still small compared to the intel one and cannot help out very much with core-mesa stuff. However the pace for GL 4 seems to be ok for me, considering that even windows catalyst is still / has just reached openGL 4.3 and not 4.4.

Comment

Originally posted by BreezeDM View Post
            Who cares if we can get in the beta or not? On Friday we can get the Steam OS images and make our own Steam machines with blackjack and hookers. Shame catalyst drivers are in such a poor state, a steamroller APU would probably make a good inexpensive Steam machine.
            You know what? Forget the Blackjack...

Comment

Working...
            X