No announcement yet.

Working r600g games list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any s3tc game will not work for the same reasons, like Quake4.

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post
      Torcs calls the function glDrawElements once for each triangle.
      ... wait, seriously ?

How does even a hobbyist think that's remotely the right way to do things?

Comment

It is not so obvious from the Torcs code. There is a loop over strips of primitives (could be triangle strips) and it renders each strip using glDrawElements. The problem is some models have one strip per triangle. They don't seem to optimize their models enough.

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post
          It is not so obvious from the Torcs code. There is a loop over strips of primitives (could be triangle strips) and it renders each strip using glDrawElements. The problem is some models have one strip per triangle. They don't seem to optimize their models enough.
          Do they have some kind of a bug tracker you could tell this on?

Comment

Aren't there automatic tools for that? ACTC?

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
              Aren't there automatic tools for that? ACTC?
              I have no idea what ACTC is but usually telling people directly is the fastest way to get them to do something. And honestly that sounded like a bug to me.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
                  Do they have some kind of a bug tracker you could tell this on?
                  No, I don't. Concerning Torcs, I have patches that improve performance of r300g from 9 fps to 19 fps in one particular situation, and now the game runs somewhere between 15 and 120 fps, being mostly smooth and fun. A few of those patches are state tracker changes and should speed up r600g as well, but some additional changes must be made in r600g before the patches can be used.

If you start the game, how many fps do you have at the starting position in the track called Forza on r600g?

Comment

Torcs caused my Juniper (5750) and X instance to lock up badly. Dmesg nor Xorg.log showed nothing of interest.
                    kernel 2.6.37-rc7
                    git -mesa, -libdrm and -xf86-video-ati
                    xorg-server 1.9.2
                    driver r600g

Comment

Originally posted by Pallokala View Post
                      Torcs caused my Juniper (5750) and X instance to lock up badly.
                      Lockup happened in the main menu after clicking the startup image.

Comment

Working...
                      X