Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 304.43 Driver Brings New Support & Fixes

Phoronix: NVIDIA 304.43 Driver Brings New Support & Fixes

NVIDIA released a new binary Linux graphics driver on Monday morning...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Just an FYI but I've read that the 306 series on Windows is going to be the last for the GeForce 6 and 7 series cards. I'm not sure if there's a plan to follow suit on Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
      Just an FYI but I've read that the 306 series on Windows is going to be the last for the GeForce 6 and 7 series cards. I'm not sure if there's a plan to follow suit on Linux.
      Interesting. But not very surprising. I just hope there will be a legacy branch for at least a year or two, as I still have a laptop with a 6600

Comment

They do legacy up to gf2mx, so no fear about Windows losing support. Though it may be that they won't support win8 with the oldest legacy branch, I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
          They do legacy up to gf2mx, so no fear about Windows losing support. Though it may be that they won't support win8 with the oldest legacy branch, I don't know.
          I don't care about Windows. That goes doubly for Win8

On Linux, the 96.x.x legacy branch (for Geforce 2-4) is dead: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...6&postcount=90. I also doubt the 173.x.x branch (for Geforce 5) will be receiving any further updates. It'll be interesting to see what they do with 6/7, drop them completely or provide a legacy branch. And if the latter, how long it will last.

Comment

Originally posted by asdx
            Who cares.
            You do.

Because you LOVE nvidia!

Comment

Optimus support would be nice.

Comment

Working...
              X