Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who are these douches that took down the nvnews site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zbiggy View Post
    I do not know how nvnews looks like now. As I said I stopped visiting nvnews. The whole history happened in one day after Linus action and I stopped visiting nvnews few days later.
    I think your tiff was something different and eventually got papered over because things were back to normal shortly after that.

This supposed DDoS seemed to follow on the heels of the much-publicized nvidia.com forums breach.

Comment

I encourage you to:
      http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ask -> Register -> Geforce/Other/Linux/Linux Driver/--/ ->
      Hello,
      I'm trying to access the official Linux support forum linked in http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answe...id/44/kw/linux yet I'm told that it's a private forum.

Is nVidia going to provide a public forum too?

Thank You!
      with honey...

Anyway MikeCs' posts are straaaaange:
      A Message From Obama - 7/18/12 @ 2:27 am - By: MikeC - Source: Me
      Hello, nV News remains under a brute-force Distributed Denial of Service Attack.
      More importantly I wanted to let all of our visitors know that President Obama is so in love with you.
      Let's rebuild America together.
      Vote for Obama.
      Thanks for the support.
      This message has been approved by MikeC.
      Regards, MikeC

About Situational Awareness - 7/19/12 @ 3:15 am - By: MikeC - Source: Me
      This country would be much "safer" if our children were taught about situational awareness.
      Situational awareness can be applied to numerous events that affect our daily lives.

It's also an excellent tool to weed out spammers that plague the Internet.

President Obama makes sure that his best combat soldiers are experts in situational awareness.

Your local police force are also experts in situational awareness.

Please click the headline to become aware of situations that affect your daily life.

Comment

Originally posted by asdx
        Fuck you nvidia & nvnews.
        Get off the bridge troll!!! Go ride a bike or hike a wooded trail, all that pent up anger is good for no one . If you truly care about using a system that isn't "tainted" with blob drivers use GNU/Hurd I hear its all the rage Now that project is going places!!!!

Comment

Michael,

Prepare yourself for an influx of mouth breathing trolls in search of a new bridge.

F

Comment

Originally posted by jmcharron View Post
            Get off the bridge troll!!! Go ride a bike or hike a wooded trail, all that pent up anger is good for no one . If you truly care about using a system that isn't "tainted" with blob drivers use GNU/Hurd I hear its all the rage Now that project is going places!!!!
            +1

well said.

Comment

Hello,

We're very sorry for the inconvenience that this is causing. We're currently working on putting up our own UNIX support forums and retrieving the data from the now-disabled NvNews UNIX forums. As you know, we're also currently having forum issues of our own so the timing is a little unfortunate, but we hope to be able to provide a new set of official support forums soon.

In the meantime and until this is resolved, please send your feedback and bug reports to [email protected]. I will update this topic as soon as there is news.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience. We really value your participation and I hope to see you on the new forums as soon as they're up.

Thanks,
              - Pierre-Loup Griffais
              NVIDIA Linux Graphics
              Last edited by Plagman; 25 July 2012, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Thank you, Plagman, for posting that useful piece of information and restoring sanity in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Licaon View Post
                  I encourage you to:
                  http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ask -> Register -> Geforce/Other/Linux/Linux Driver/--/ ->

with honey...

Anyway MikeCs' posts are straaaaange:
                  Sounds like MikeC's on drugs or something

Originally posted by 1c3d0g View Post
                  Thank you, Plagman, for posting that useful piece of information and restoring sanity in this thread.
                  +1

About time someone brings new info to the table to quell the rumors

Comment

Originally posted by Plagman View Post
                    Hello,

We're very sorry for the inconvenience that this is causing. We're currently working on putting up our own UNIX support forums and retrieving the data from the now-disabled NvNews UNIX forums. As you know, we're also currently having forum issues of our own so the timing is a little unfortunate, but we hope to be able to provide a new set of official support forums soon.

In the meantime and until this is resolved, please send your feedback and bug reports to [email protected]. I will update this topic as soon as there is news.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience. We really value your participation and I hope to see you on the new forums as soon as they're up.

Thanks,
                    - Pierre-Loup Griffais
                    NVIDIA Linux Graphics
                    Thank you for this info, sounds great.

Comment

Originally posted by asdx
                      Nobody in his right mind wants your piece of shit and broken blob.
                      Except the 99% of us who do.

Comment

Working...
                      X