Best Support Distro SLI going to LCD TV 1080P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Support Distro SLI going to LCD TV 1080P

What is the best current distro for me to try out with my setup?
    Running EVGA SLI X3 Board with (2) Nvidia Geforce GTX 260's, Core i7 920, 6 Gig DDR3 1600 Ram, and dual Western Digital Black 750 gig Drives. I am running the DVi-HDMI to my 42 inch LCD TV at 1080P resolution. I want to game so will need to use Nvidia Drivers of course. Thanks!

PS I am trying to find one that will work out of the box, like windows as I want to spend time playing with the OS and games not figuring out code or complicated stuff.

I think you should try Ubuntu 9.10 or Fedora Core 12 (when it will be released). Both are modern, easy to use and are not too much bloated.

Comment

Thanks but will they work out of the box? I know I will have to install drivers to get 3d...

Comment

You have to install latest nvidia driver in Ubuntu (cause it has older version by default) for sure but that is fairly easy not more than 5 minutes of work and it should work without a problem. Dunno if Fedora Core will have nvidia driver version 190.42 built in cause it is not released yet (2009-11-17 release date).

Comment

Originally posted by Riotta View Post
          I think you should try Ubuntu 9.10 or Fedora Core 12 (when it will be released). Both are modern, easy to use and are not too much bloated.
          And just what the hell is "Fedora Core 12"?
          There is no more "Core". That was gone ever since the Fedora Extras project merged with the Fedora Core project back in 2007.

Comment

Forgive me my incovinience but I used to call Fedora, Fedora Core for a long time and didn't noticied actuall name change. I think the best distribution for you which will work out ot the box will be probably Linux Mint which is based on Ubuntu and has plenty of things installed by default like non-free drivers and codecs.
            Last edited by Riotta; 21 November 2009, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X