No announcement yet.

Win $500 USD From Phoronix, Take Our Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Companies should be paying phoronix to advertise for them by benchmarking and reviewing their products. When I look for new hardware to buy, this is where I'll be coming to find out what to go with.

Comment

Originally posted by ethana2 View Post
      Companies should be paying phoronix to advertise for them by benchmarking and reviewing their products. When I look for new hardware to buy, this is where I'll be coming to find out what to go with.
      Your captive audience would have to be much larger then what phoronix is presently for that to start happening.

Comment

'buy now' links at the end of reviews with referral tags in the URL may not be a bad place to start.

Also, to gain a larger market, I recommend better OS X coverage and software reviews. (I'm mostly Ubuntu, but I use OS 10.4 on my eMac)

Distributed audience benchmark contributions might not be bad either.
        'get a free phoronix contributor account, two months ad-free for submitted benchmarks'. ..PTS should enable people to do that, if they meet a stated need and adhere to the editor's standards...

Comment

'Also, to gain a larger market, I recommend better OS X coverage and software reviews. (I'm mostly Ubuntu, but I use OS 10.4 on my eMac)
          I wouldn't mind that at all (well, OS X benchmarking and such since no other OS X site really does that), but at this time I just have a Mac Mini and am very strapped for capital at the moment.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            I wouldn't mind that at all (well, OS X benchmarking and such since no other OS X site really does that)
            'niche'

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            but at this time I just have a Mac Mini and am very strapped for capital at the moment.
            PTS is getting very, very easy to install and to use. I don't think it's going to be that much of a stretch.

Comment

'get a free phoronix contributor account, two months ad-free for submitted benchmarks'.
              Sadly that method wouldn't be too sustainable.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by duncan_nz View Post
                Your very funny!

If you can't afford to run a web site then don't run one, no body is forcing you to go bankrupt or something for spending 20 bucks a month.
                Whats the weather like out there in fantasy land?

Comment

Working...
                X