The First Benchmarks Of Unity On XMir: There's A Performance Hit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e8hffff View Post
    Still early days. Mir is the future so it can only get better.
    Most Software runs good FPS in it's early days do to it now being as heavy as it will become down the road

Comment

Originally posted by dee. View Post
      No, Fedora 20 will run Wayland. 21 will have it on by default. Your willing ignorance and reality distortion is stunning. But I guess that's necessary to be admitted to the shuttleworthian cult...
      Granted you have every right to not agree with people but are you really this much of a cunt in real life? Cults, reality distortion, etc...post after post after post. Do you really have no idea how to approach people you disagree with in mature way? Any good points you make are probably just ignored since they're so deeply buried in dickish rhetoric. Just take the high road once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
        It's been 95% done for a couple of years now. That Weston genius from what I heard had trouble with the minimize button. As in they didn't have it. Brilliant reference implementation. Everything in Wayland is a sad joke and free software hipsters won't see it because they think Canonical == Evil while Wayland == Good. Mir is already the future. And it's already here. Wake up people!
        for real how you graduated from college, by now even my dog understand that weston is basically an example for developers[actual smart ppl category that you don't qualify] it was never ever meant for use at all under no circumstance imagineable in this or any other parallel universe, if you wanna see wayland + minimize compile gnome git[assuming it won't give you an stroke have to do all that smart thingies like git clone], you wanna see videos? git clone gstreamer and/or mplayer[yes vdpau works peachy], if you want color accurate rendering is available in gnome git too.

like i said before wayland unlike mir is done by real professionals not a code leech PR team, they don't demo they port and get things done right but i guess for ppl of your intellectual level PR is more effective but the sad truth is wayland will have native working full desktops even before canonical wonderboys can get Qt5 to actually work right in Mir[basically only their demos work every other try to render anything else just fails] in 14.04

Comment

Originally posted by Tgui View Post
          Granted you have every right to not agree with people but are you really this much of a cunt in real life? Cults, reality distortion, etc...post after post after post. Do you really have no idea how to approach people you disagree with in mature way? Any good points you make are probably just ignored since they're so deeply buried in dickish rhetoric. Just take the high road once in a while.
          Yes ignore this guy. We need an option in the forum to hide some user messages.

Comment

Originally posted by seb24 View Post
            Yes ignore this guy. We need an option in the forum to hide some user messages.
            Meh, he's passionate and seems to have good points once in a while. It's just hard to filter through the cruft. He's not the only example of angry nerd here

There is an ignore option but I hate to use it.

Comment

Fedora 20? That OS for the masses that will bring desktop dominance for Linux? Wait. Shit. No. Fedora is basically and experimental branch where they test new things in the wild for the first time, probably to improve next version of RHEL. Anyway still too late for them. Ubuntu will have it for the next version in October. And Ubuntu is for the masses. So people will be exposed to Mir first. Why is it so hard to admit that Canonical basically wiped the floor with your beloved Wayland? Started later, finished sooner. That is what a successful project looks like.
              ppl in your level[the masses] don't give a rat ass if mir or wayland is used and yes ofc ubuntu is the OS of the massive masses, that uber under 1% market share OMG how i didn't see it, you Sir changed my life

Comment

Fedora 20? That OS for the masses that will bring desktop dominance for Linux? Wait. Shit. No. Fedora is basically and experimental branch where they test new things in the wild for the first time, probably to improve next version of RHEL. Anyway still too late for them. Ubuntu will have it for the next version in October. And Ubuntu is for the masses. So people will be exposed to Mir first. Why is it so hard to admit that Canonical basically wiped the floor with your beloved Wayland? Started later, finished sooner. That is what a successful project looks like.
                Stop fighting... The both project are free software with different objective. We should be happy to have a dynamic eco-system. that's it.
                And we will see in the future how the 2 project will evolves.

Comment

I'm curious about performance. Native Wayland and native Mir application. Games especially.
                  since wayland let you manage the GPU directly if the code is properly done it should have room to be faster but with mir since is a server and it handle allocations server side should be easier to write but have a small penalty[too early to say how much]

Comment

I have a big query.

If Canonical just copy/pasted the XWayland code to make XMir then every person saying that XWayland will be faster that plain X is utterly wrong. We haven't seen any benchmarks regarding XWayland/Wayland, so if XMir is really a copy/paste effort Wayland should be similarly on the same shape.

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
                      since wayland let you manage the GPU directly if the code is properly done it should have room to be faster but with mir since is a server and it handle allocations server side should be easier to write but have a small penalty[too early to say how much]
                      No Mir will win :
                      Type 2 keywords and click on the 'Fight !' button. The winner is the one which gets best visibility on Google.

Comment

Working...
                      X