Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Releases xf86-video-intel 2.8 RC Driver

Phoronix: Intel Releases xf86-video-intel 2.8 RC Driver

In preparation for Intel's quarterly DDX driver update, Carl Worth has announced the first release candidate of the xf86-video-intel 2.8 driver. This driver is significant in that it completely abolishes DRI1 and EXA support in favor of only supporting DRI2 and UXA, respectively.The UMA Acceleration Architecture is derived from EXA and was supposed to be merged back into EXA, but that didn't end up happening...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I hope they manage to fix the XVideo tearing which I am seeing on a 945 with xorg-x11-drv-intel-2.7.0-7.fc11. Option "XvPreferOverlay" doesn't seem to work, either.

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalCowboy View Post
      I hope they manage to fix the XVideo tearing which I am seeing on a 945 with xorg-x11-drv-intel-2.7.0-7.fc11. Option "XvPreferOverlay" doesn't seem to work, either.
      From 2.7 to 2.8rc there is a big difference, almost everything works now.

Comment

Sounds good. I hope it makes it through the Fedora distribution pipeline soon.

Comment

Note that Intel has also tagged 2009Q2RC1 in the mesa 7.5 branch. Seems this driver will use mesa 7.5 when it's released as stable.

Comment

Originally posted by KDesk View Post
            From 2.7 to 2.8rc there is a big difference, almost everything works now.
            So what's not working?

Comment

Originally posted by kxmas View Post
              So what's not working?
              It's almost working, but I have random freezes in 865G http://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=22483

Comment

Working...
              X