Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-Way RadeonSI Gallium3D vs. Catalyst Benchmarks

Phoronix: 3-Way RadeonSI Gallium3D vs. Catalyst Benchmarks

The latest RadeonSI Gallium3D open-source driver benchmarks I have to share are OpenGL performance tests comparing three different Radeon HD 7000 and Radeon Rx 200 series graphics cards between the open-source Mesa 10.0 driver and Catalyst 13.11...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: 3-Way RadeonSI Gallium3D vs. Catalyst Benchmarks

The latest RadeonSI Gallium3D open-source driver benchmarks I have to share are OpenGL performance tests comparing three different Radeon HD 7000 and Radeon Rx 200 series graphics cards between the open-source Mesa 10.0 driver and Catalyst 13.11...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTUwNDY
    As before, Prey results are incredible for a driver which still hasn't been optimised much.

Reaction Quake always has problems on Mesa for some reason, it's some memory allocation problem.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
      As before, Prey results are incredible for a driver which still hasn't been optimised much.

Reaction Quake always has problems on Mesa for some reason, it's some memory allocation problem.
      Incredible where?? in Gpu Test benchmark?

Comment

Originally posted by verde View Post
        Incredible where?? in Gpu Test benchmark?
        Prey is the last benchmark in the article -- not part of GpuTest. Looks like radeonsi is running ~80% of Catalyst speed, which pingufunkybeat is saying seems pretty good considering that things like HyperZ have not yet been ported across from r600g and that the developer focus so far has been catching up with functionality rather than optimizing for performance.
        Test signature

Comment

I must say I'm actually impressed with RadeonSI based on this limited benchmark.

(Yeah yeah, i guess this will be the last time anyone will ever see me ranting about RadeonSI)

Comment

Here are my results with radeonsi on my 7770.

This little thing impressed me actually, beating some of the higher end cards even with catalyst in some benchmarks. (I'm not going to bother testing catalyst right now)

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
              Prey is the last benchmark in the article -- not part of GpuTest. Looks like radeonsi is running ~80% of Catalyst speed, which pingufunkybeat is saying seems pretty good considering that things like HyperZ have not yet been ported across from r600g and that the developer focus so far has been catching up with functionality rather than optimizing for performance.
              This just drives home the fact that Larabel needs to stop relying on the ancient OSS games and use professional games to test against. Lets see the tests done on Half-Life 2:Lost Coast, DOTA2 Test, Metro:Last Light etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Kivada View Post
                This just drives home the fact that Larabel needs to stop relying on the ancient OSS games and use professional games to test against. Lets see the tests done on Half-Life 2:Lost Coast, DOTA2 Test, Metro:Last Light etc.
                Exactly...

Comment

Working...
                X