Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was pointed at SpringRTS about a week ago by a friend of mine (who's actually a windows user, which I guess already says something about the quality of the game). I'm surprised it's getting so few attention around here, especially since everybodys always complaining about the lack of good non-fps games like rts for linux. With SpringRTS there are even several at once available! Though I've got to admit I've only played the Balanced Annihilation mod so far, but that one is really nice.

Other favorite games of mine:
    Nexuiz (hands down best quake/ut clone imho)
    Penny Arcade: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness
    World of Goo

Comment

• Myth2 guys. I play it since the day it came out. Very carefully maiden game. Unfortunately, is a real pain that there aren't new updates for Linux since they've lost the source code...

Comment

• Wolf:ET as it was an all time fav.

epsxe native linux running final fantasy tactics for ps1

Comment

• Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
          Wolf:ET as it was an all time fav.

epsxe native linux running final fantasy tactics for ps1
          Why finally? Runs since ages. ePSXe is the most compatible PS emulator out there and works splendid if you choose the right combination of plugins that is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zhick View Post
            I was pointed at SpringRTS about a week ago by a friend of mine (who's actually a windows user, which I guess already says something about the quality of the game). I'm surprised it's getting so few attention around here, especially since everybodys always complaining about the lack of good non-fps games like rts for linux. With SpringRTS there are even several at once available! Though I've got to admit I've only played the Balanced Annihilation mod so far, but that one is really nice.

Other favorite games of mine:
            Nexuiz (hands down best quake/ut clone imho)
            Penny Arcade: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness
            World of Goo
            I tried that spring had problems with maps not showing up, and problems with resolution, and problems with mouse cursor. Then I tried to uninstall it ouch what a pain.
            I used sudo apt-get remove --purge spring
            Then some auto remove that was listed in the Terminal window.
            Then I tried the new Computer Janitor and it found the maps that spring could not find. Then I went in to my home directory and manually deleted some hidden spring folders.
            I remember trying this a while back an got it working then on Intrepid but could only play one old windows game Total annihilation, I think. I'm not impressed. Note to self don't install something when no public key is listed
            I'm glad you like it though going back to Sacred Gold from Linux Games Publishing. I know its an old windows game two but at least it works.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
              Why finally? Runs since ages. ePSXe is the most compatible PS emulator out there and works splendid if you choose the right combination of plugins that is.
              Read again He said he's playing "Final Fantasy Tactics", not that he's finally playing "Fantasy Tactics"

@cliff: Dunno what's causing your problems, it's running fine here. : /
              That's with Gentoo and using the overlay they provide on their site.
              And yeah, the most popular of the games playable via Spring are based around Total Annihilation, which is imho quite nice . Especially the loads of units available. Models are kind of ugly, but not more ugly than you'd expect from most FOSS-games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zhick View Post
                Read again He said he's playing "Final Fantasy Tactics", not that he's finally playing "Fantasy Tactics"

@cliff: Dunno what's causing your problems, it's running fine here. : /
                That's with Gentoo and using the overlay they provide on their site.
                And yeah, the most popular of the games playable via Spring are based around Total Annihilation, which is imho quite nice . Especially the loads of units available. Models are kind of ugly, but not more ugly than you'd expect from most FOSS-games.
                Thanks I will try that Gentoo if I get bored I didn't see it before.

Comment

• Can't believe noone said Settlers 2 so far. Epic game.

edit: through dosbox that is

Comment

• Originally posted by falafelbar View Post
                    Can't believe noone said Settlers 2 so far. Epic game.

edit: through dosbox that is
                    Forget dosbox, check this Settlers II work out:

Native Linux binary + multiplayer + better resolution etc.

Comment

• Urban Terror

Urban Terror? is a free multiplayer first person shooter, that (thanks to ioquake3) does not require Quake III Arena. It is available for Windows, Linux and Macintosh. The current version is 4.1.

Urban Terror can be described as a Hollywood tactical shooter; somewhat realism based, but the motto is "fun over realism". This results in a very unique, enjoyable and addictive game.
                      I suck at fps games, but I found my niche in this one. It may not be the prettiest Quake-based game out there, but the gameplay is simple and addictive. I suggest that you try it.

Comment

Working...
                      X