Mac OS X 10.6 Brings Serious Performance Gains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    Hey, if you want to keep something to yourself then by all means do so. It is you code after all. This can be achieved though GPL or Proprietary licenses (again same shit different pile). If you want to benefit all however you use PD.
    I just got a funny vision while travelling in a bus. What if all software would be judged on originality and if a required degree of originality isn't achieved, it would automatically go to Public Domain since copyrights are only applicable to original pieces of work anyway? (yeah, I was a bit bored)
    End conclusions: most GUI's including Gnome's, KDE's, Apple's and Microsoft's would automatically become Public Domain since they're not really that original.

Comment

• Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
      I just got a funny vision while travelling in a bus. What if all software would be judged on originality and if a required degree of originality isn't achieved, it would automatically go to Public Domain since copyrights are only applicable to original pieces of work anyway? (yeah, I was a bit bored)
      End conclusions: most GUI's including Gnome's, KDE's, Apple's and Microsoft's would automatically become Public Domain since they're not really that original.
      Heh alternatively we would all have Xerox systems.

Comment

Hey, if you want to keep something to yourself then by all means do so. It is you code after all. This can be achieved though GPL or Proprietary licenses (again same shit different pile). If you want to benefit all however you use PD.
        As long as you consider anarchy and freedom one and the same, then yes they are almost the same shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apopas View Post
          As long as you consider anarchy and freedom one and the same, then yes they are almost the same shit.
          Can you show me one example where PD has hurt anyone?

Comment

Can you show me one example where PD has hurt anyone?
            Despite that everyone can take the code, make a proprietary closed source application under a very restrictive license that forbids me from using it freely? No I can't...

Comment

Despite that everyone can take the code, make a proprietary closed source application under a very restrictive license that forbids me from using it freely? No I can't...
              It hasn't effected the PD code in any such way that it can harm it. The original code stays PD. If someone goes and makes their mods and decides not to reveal those mods that is their right. Once in the PD code cannot take a step backwards, unlike licensed code. The only thing it can do it progress forward. If that derived code takes a open or closed path is up to the person that is doing the modifications. If a restriction on it's use is placed you have no guarantee that a person that would otherwise use the code won't simply look for an alternative solution anyways which still does not contribute to the original project. The person doing that patch should have the right to determine what his work is worth and how it is used just as much as the unmodified code.

Comment

It hasn't effected the PD code in any such way that it can harm it. The original code stays PD. If someone goes and makes their mods and decides not to reveal those mods that is their right. Once in the PD code cannot take a step backwards, unlike licensed code. The only thing it can do it progress forward. If that derived code takes a open or closed path is up to the person that is doing the modifications. If a restriction on it's use is placed you have no guarantee that a person that would otherwise use the code won't simply look for an alternative solution anyways which still does not contribute to the original project. The person doing that patch should have the right to determine what his work is worth and how it is used just as much as the unmodified code.
                We just disagree what is someone's right and what's not and since we are both mature it won't change even if we discuss it till the end of the days.

Comment

As long as the conditions I set up respect the freedom and human rights, while the other's don't then I am correct. Whatever you do and how well you justify it is wrong if the result doesn't respect you as human being.
                  What are those human rights you talk about? And who is not 'respecting you as a human being'?

Comment

• Originally posted by yotambien View Post
                    What are those human rights you talk about? And who is not 'respecting you as a human being'?
                    You insulted me in a previous thread and now you want to begin again a conversation? Thanks but no.
                    If you want to know what I mean, just read carefully my posts in this current thread.

Comment

You insulted me in a previous thread and now you want to begin again a conversation? Thanks but no.
                      If you want to know what I mean, just read carefully my posts in this current thread.
                      wha-what?

Comment

Working...
                      X