openSUSE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• openSUSE

I've installed PTS V1.0.0 and the system-memory and java suites on openSUSE 10.3 x86_64. The system-memory and java suites both ran and uploaded the results to the server but the scripts <./phoronix-test-suite run system-memory> and <./phoronix-test-suite run java> did not complete successfully?

Also when installing the system-compliance suite I get the message:

OpenGL Utility Kit (GLUT)
    Possible Package Names: freeglut3-dev, freeglut-devel
    The above dependencies should be installed before proceeding. Press any key when you're ready to continue.

But I have freeglut and freeglut-devel installed?

Originally posted by follyfarmer View Post
    I've installed PTS V1.0.0 and the system-memory and java suites on openSUSE 10.3 x86_64. The system-memory and java suites both ran and uploaded the results to the server but the scripts <./phoronix-test-suite run system-memory> and <./phoronix-test-suite run java> did not complete successfully?

Also when installing the system-compliance suite I get the message:

OpenGL Utility Kit (GLUT)
    Possible Package Names: freeglut3-dev, freeglut-devel
    The above dependencies should be installed before proceeding. Press any key when you're ready to continue.

But I have freeglut and freeglut-devel installed?

Ignore it, you will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
      Ignore it, you will be fine.
      Thanks deanjo, I assume you are referring to glut but what about the scripts hanging?

Comment

Are you certain they're actually hanging? system-memory can take a VERY long time to complete (think 20+ minutes in some cases).

Comment

Originally posted by follyfarmer View Post
          Thanks deanjo, I assume you are referring to glut but what about the scripts hanging?
          Which scripts?

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
            Which scripts?
            system-memory and java.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_fungus View Post
              Are you certain they're actually hanging? system-memory can take a VERY long time to complete (think 20+ minutes in some cases).
              I think so, they produce the required result but do not return to the command prompt.

Comment

When it comes to system memory tests, start the test and walk away from the machine. If you try using the machine during the tests it can take a really long time to complete (also make sure the machine isn't going to sleep or standby mode before running it.)

As far as java goes. Install the java 1.7 found in the online repos from yast.

Comment

Working...
                X