Fedora 19 Officially Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Kosta and Sergio,
    Could you provide the hardware specification of your system?

Comment

Originally posted by Kostas View Post
      Have there been any significant changes in wifi drivers or power management (from 18 to 19)? I'm experiencing an annoying regression where whenever I'm downloading something wlp3s0 consumes over 12W and I get about 1% of battery drained per minute.

Don't mean to knock on an otherwise great release.
      Whats your network adapter?
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by teahopper View Post
        This. I was too scared to install F19 because I didn't know what the installer was going to do after I selected the partition. Horrible setup.
        Play around with it in a VM,you get used to it. I wish things were more obvious than the 'full disk report and summary." I get what the fedora devs were trying to do with the new installer... but a part of me kind of wishes they had just copied Ubuntu's ubiquity. Ubiquity had the right idea and the right designs principals, it was simple, direct, obvious, and fast.

Comment

Originally posted by finalzone View Post
          @Kosta and Sergio,
          Could you provide the hardware specification of your system?
          Originally posted by Ericg View Post
          Whats your network adapter?
          I got an Asus K53SM which according to "lspci | grep -i wireless" has an Intel Centrino Wireless-N 100.

Comment

hmm sadly there is no xbmc version 13 availible and the version 12 does not work with radeon vdpau.

Comment

I wanted to give Fedora GNOME a good try this time so I installed it on a laptop with a Radeon X1200 and although the live session worked fine, starting the installed OS results in severe graphical corruption. The screen is filled with flashing triangles right from the login screen, including letters on the taskbar, but new windows are fine. Mind you I've barely fiddled with the system yet, however first impressions are: so-so...
              I know what Schr?dinger's Cat is, but "now the graphical element is here, now it's not" is pushing the metaphor too far
              Last edited by PsynoKhi0; 04 July 2013, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PsynoKhi0 View Post
                I wanted to give Fedora GNOME a good try this time so I installed it on a laptop with a Radeon X1200 and although the live session worked fine, starting the installed OS results in severe graphical corruption. The screen is filled with flashing triangles right from the login screen, including letters on the taskbar, but new windows are fine. Mind you I've barely fiddled with the system yet, however first impressions are: so-so...
                I know what Schr?dinger's Cat is, but "now the graphical element is here, now it's not" is pushing the metaphor too far
                Its odd that the live system works fine but installed doesn't. From the live systemd run 'glxinfo' on terminal and see what driver youre using...you should be stuck with r300g for a card that old, which is basically just in maintenance mode.

Comment

Originally posted by blackiwid View Post
                  hmm sadly there is no xbmc version 13 availible and the version 12 does not work with radeon vdpau.
                  XBMC 13 isn't even out yet, Black. Compile from git or have some patience

Comment

Originally posted by PsynoKhi0 View Post
                    Wrong, the graphical element both exists and doesn't exist at the same time!

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
                      XBMC 13 isn't even out yet, Black. Compile from git or have some patience
                      in ubuntu I had it ^^ I am never patient ^^

they should compile it in rawhide in next 20 mins :P

Comment

Working...
                      X