Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The OpenGL Support State For Mesa 8.1

Phoronix: The OpenGL Support State For Mesa 8.1

Mesa 8.1 is set to be released in August as a major six-month update to this important open-source user-space graphics driver stack. Here's a look at the OpenGL support level...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I do like seeing that OpenGL 3.3 is mostly completed already. Yes, we still need to get the 3.1/3.2 features completed, but it should hopefully be fairly easy to get 3.3 after 3.2 is finished.

Comment

Can you imagine? Once mesa would be feature complete to the spec! Lots to do still, I know, but still. Once we're feature ... performance!

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
        I do like seeing that OpenGL 3.3 is mostly completed already. Yes, we still need to get the 3.1/3.2 features completed, but it should hopefully be fairly easy to get 3.3 after 3.2 is finished.
        Yeah We might not bother to ship 3.2...or it'll at least be the shortest release ever...since once we have that, we'll basically jump straight to 3.3.

At this point 3.1 is just UBOs (in progress) and the forward compatible context support.
        Free Software Developer .:. Mesa and Xorg
        Opinions expressed in these forum posts are my own.

Comment

Cool indeed!

So, where's all the the games with 3.x or 4.x requirements? The only ones I can come up with are Brink, Rage and Serious Sam 3 and all of them obviously requires Wine.

Comment

Am I the only person who read that as OpenGL 3.x is now 95% complete, and OpenGL 4 is at least 15-25% completed?

Comment

Originally posted by asdx
              ST3C by default please.
              Build your own or be ready to pay freedesktop's legal fees when they get patent trolled

Comment

Originally posted by DMJC View Post
                Am I the only person who read that as OpenGL 3.x is now 95% complete, and OpenGL 4 is at least 15-25% completed?
                It seems so, but actually GLSL seems to be a bigger job than the other extensions - and for GL 3.2 and 4.x the GLSL work is not yet started. I'm not an expert however.

Comment

What ever happened to the float textures patent issue?

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                    Build your own or be ready to pay freedesktop's legal fees when they get patent trolled
                    Didn't Apple invalidate the patent when HTC tried to sue them?

And isn't HTC a member of some linux patent group which would keep them from suing?

The floating-point support is still a problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X