Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
    You run your own mailserver??
    stupid question! and actually unrelated. i know why you are asking it but you are totally wrong. it isn't by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar the same, not even close.

Comment

Since GOG keeps getting mentioned...

Comment

Originally posted by FutureSuture View Post
        This is ridiculous!

PS. DRM is in all forms evil, no exceptions. Developers should change form to authenticate and demand money and platform should implement the global policy.
        However, given the current disrespect towards Linux, Steam platform is more than welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
          This is ridiculous!

PS. DRM is in all forms evil, no exceptions. Developers should change form to authenticate and demand money and platform should implement the global policy.
          However, given the current disrespect towards Linux, Steam platform is more than welcome!
          You are right, I have no idea how MAC does that to get every stuff ported to them but not to Linux (the same is with Crossover btw. Mac supported and Linux so lala)

70% Windows, Mac 8%, 6% Linux and 8% combined iStuff.

Comment

Well, those who herald Valve coming to Linux should note, that they started shipping Mac OSX binaries earlier than that. GOG will come to Linux as well I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by disi View Post
              http://stats.wikimedia.org/wikimedia...ingSystems.htm
              70% Windows, Mac 8%, 6% Linux and 8% combined iStuff.
              If you read it more carefully, you'll see that 4% of what is attributed to Linux is actually Android. So GNU/Linux browser share is 2%...

Comment

Did anyone bother to read the original post? You know, the pesky thing about Egosoft?

- Gilboa
                oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
                oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
                oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
                Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                  If you read it more carefully, you'll see that 4% of what is attributed to Linux is actually Android. So GNU/Linux browser share is 2%...
                  Right, but
                  If you see something like the voting on GOG, then you can say in a certain area of interest the numbers might be different. The numbers from Wikipedia are probably misleading and to not represent people who like older game titles?

I would say it is more like this in regard to gaming:
                  recent titles, being hip, apps etc. -> game console/Windows/phones/Mac/Linux
                  older titles, certain fps, puzzles etc. -> Windows/Linux/game console/Mac/phones
                  Wikipedia -> Windows/phones/Mac/Linux

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                    You have numbers, Linux is 5 times more popular than MacOSX. Counting usage by browsers is not accurate - it tends to put much more weight to workplaces surfing a lot. Also, many people are not able to use Linux due to companies such as GOG (no offence, but its matching) when it comes to hardware or critical software.

Comment

Originally posted by disi View Post
                      Right, but
                      If you see something like the voting on GOG, then you can say in a certain area of interest the numbers might be different. The numbers from Wikipedia are probably misleading and to not represent people who like older game titles?
                      Yes, that's true.

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
                      You have numbers, Linux is 5 times more popular than MacOSX. Counting usage by browsers is not accurate - it tends to put much more weight to workplaces surfing a lot. Also, many people are not able to use Linux due to companies such as GOG (no offence, but its matching) when it comes to hardware or critical software.
                      But it raises the question, why are there so few people using Wikipedia on Linux? I don't see any particular reason. Also, W3Schools has a lot different set of statistics, and there GNU/Linux is 5% while Android is merely 0.7%. But then it's probable that Linux users are more inclined to visit W3Schools than others, as they are generally more tech-savvy, as the page itself says. Overall most counters agree that Linux is used by 1%-2% people worldwide. Apparently the countries where it's most popular are Germany (>2%, because of openSUSE I assume) and Cuba (>8%, I have no clue).

Comment

Working...
                      X