8.42.3 and FireGL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble with libGL.so.1

I am finding that the dynamic linker is unwilling to find libGL.so.1.2 in the /usr/lib/fglrx directory, despite there correctly being an entry in /etc/ld.so.conf.d that lists the directory name. I was forced to add a symlink /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 to the /usr/lib/fglrx/libGL.so.1.2 shared object.

When I tried to run prelink on glxinfo, I received the following error:

prelink: /usr/bin/glxinfo: Cannot prelink against non-PIC shared library /usr/lib/libGL.so.1

Comment

Originally posted by chrisr View Post
      I am finding that the dynamic linker is unwilling to find libGL.so.1.2 in the /usr/lib/fglrx directory, despite there correctly being an entry in /etc/ld.so.conf.d that lists the directory name. I was forced to add a symlink /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 to the /usr/lib/fglrx/libGL.so.1.2 shared object.

When I tried to run prelink on glxinfo, I received the following error:

prelink: /usr/bin/glxinfo: Cannot prelink against non-PIC shared library /usr/lib/libGL.so.1
      I had that same problem, but gutsy had switched me over to vesa drivers..... this bulletproof-x stuff is kinda a pain, you have to run displayconfig-gtk as root and set the driver used back to the opensource ati drivers and maybe set up xorg.conf how it was before trying to move to fglrx and uninstalling fglrx.... OR, just revert back to fglrx

Comment

No, that's not it.

Originally posted by wlindner View Post
        I had that same problem, but gutsy had switched me over to vesa drivers.....
        If I don't link manually to libGL.so.1.2 then programs like glxinfo and glxgears completely refuse to run because they cannot locate the libGL.so.1 library. So there's no possibility of being secretly switched back to Mesa.

Comment

Hmm i can't seem to get direct rendering working for my V5200 on Arch Linux. Anyone have any success?

Comment

Did you remember to reload the fglrx kernel module?

Originally posted by mintcoffee View Post
            Hmm i can't seem to get direct rendering working for my V5200 on Arch Linux. Anyone have any success?
            My direct rendering didn't work straight away because I only upgraded the RPMs and forgot that I would need to unload the fglrx.ko from v8.40.4 as well.

Then I had to install a symlink in /usr/lib to /usr/lib/fglrx/libGL.so.1 by hand.

Which ChipID are you using in your xorg.conf file?

Comment

Same problem here. Mobility FireGL T2 with ChipID 1002:4e54, using the Mobility 9600 ID: 1002:4c66.

My name ist Llogi, btw. Following this forum for some month now. That damn driver led me to my first post here.

At first I applied Ambro814s patch http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5203.

Instead of "./ati-installer.sh 8.41.7 --install" I built the package using "./ati-installer.sh 8.41.7 --buildpkg Ubuntu/gutsy" following the instructions from here: http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu...allation_Guide

I even linked the libGL like You told some posts before.

Unfortunatley I don't even see the XServer. I get kicked to console before the login-screen appears.

Questions: how EXACTLY do I have to type the ChipID? 1002:4c66, 0x4c66 or just 4c66?

BTW: Following exatly the instruction of Ambro814 with "--install" instead of "--buildpk" did not work either.

Any help is appreciated.
              Thanks

Comment

Post has not been eaten. Sorry for doubleposting.
                Last edited by Llogi; 24 October 2007, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Maybe I was just lucky, but...

Originally posted by Llogi View Post
                  Same problem here. Mobility FireGL T2 with ChipID 1002:4e54, using the Mobility 9600 ID: 1002:4c66.
                  I'm not familiar with that one, so I don't know whether your new chip ID is appropriate. I deduced mine by browsing the Xorg.0.log file to discover both the chip name underlying my laptop's onboard graphics device (M66), as well as all other ATI products using the exact same chip (e.g. Radeon X1700). Then I looked up the PCI ID of a supported X1700 device in /usr/share/hwdata/pci.ids .

Questions: how EXACTLY do I have to type the ChipID? 1002:4c66, 0x4c66 or just 4c66?
                  I believe it's:

ChipID 0x4c66

Comment

When you built the package...

Originally posted by Llogi View Post
                    Instead of "./ati-installer.sh 8.41.7 --install" I built the package using "./ati-installer.sh 8.41.7 --buildpkg Ubuntu/gutsy"
                    Shouldn't that have been

./ati-installer.sh 8.42.3 --buildpkg Ubuntu/gutsy

???

Comment

The Chip Id should be correct:
                      scanpci and http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/ATI_Mobility_FireGL_T2 are identical. The wiki says "Chipset: ATI RV350 (M10) - Similar to Radeon 9600"

Originally posted by chrisr View Post
                      Shouldn't that have been

./ati-installer.sh 8.42.3 --buildpkg Ubuntu/gutsy

???
                      Oh sure. I just copied that from the cchtml-wiki. Building the package, I used the right number.

Btw: here is, what the Xorg.log tells me

I'm not that good in reading log-files. "But Fatal server error: no screens found" does not sound to good.

Comment

Working...
                      X