Vote for GOG to add Linux versions of games they sell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FutureSuture View Post
    The newest post under the GOG Linux request. Interesting thought but likely even more effort that GOG doesn't want to/cannot put. What do you guys think?
    OMG, not another one. Why does everybody have to make his/her own distribution? Okay, maybe you're not satisfied with a specific one, but there are so many of them. And in the end they all use the same components. Kernel/Mesa/X stack, libsdl and these things should be fairly ok and in common for all of them to do gaming. Okay, set env. variables for S3TC if not already defaulted. I mean you don't want to boot that gaming Linux extra. Also community control is better than any vendor controlled thing.

Yeah better some kind of LSB for gaming.
    Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

I don't have much hope for GoG supporting Linux in anyway. I mean for god's sake in their forums a GoG representative mentione FreeBSD as one of the distributions they would have to support. That kind of misunderstanding doesn't bode well.

Comment

I would have never known such initiative existed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristian Joensen View Post
          I don't have much hope for GoG supporting Linux in anyway. I mean for god's sake in their forums a GoG representative mentione FreeBSD as one of the distributions they would have to support. That kind of misunderstanding doesn't bode well.
          Still, the very person who started that request is in fact an employee at GOG. Their policies regarding DRM and other such things seem to fit in line with what Linux users generally want as well. I say that a year from now, GOG will have begun supporting Linux. In the mean timee, spam that request with votes.

Comment

have a nice day

Comment

Originally posted by FutureSuture View Post
              Still, the very person who started that request is in fact an employee at GOG. Their policies regarding DRM and other such things seem to fit in line with what Linux users generally want as well. I say that a year from now, GOG will have begun supporting Linux. In the mean timee, spam that request with votes.
              We will see, hopefully you are correct. But the things that TheEnigmaticT in the thread about Linux support in their forums is not making me optimistic. Has the person who started that request said anything about it since he was hired by GoG?

Comment

I have done so!

Comment

It finally happened once again. The request to start selling Linux versions of games on GOG used to be second, then third, then fourth, then fifth, then went back into fourth, but has now, after a long time of securing fourth, fallen back into fifth place. With Steam bringing great attention in terms of gaming to Linux, we shouldn't forget that Steam is not the only platform that sells computer games, and that there are more potential supporters out there.

GOG, being an online computer game retailer that firmly believes in selling games without Digital Rights Management (DRM) and without regional pricing (1? ≠ 1$), among other things, would in my opinion make a great addition to gaming on Linux and should thus be flooded with votes to make their resistance ever more futile. Please make it so.

Here are all the requests on GOG pertaining to Linux. I suggest you read each title individually to make informed choices as some do suggest the use of Wine.

Comment

This needs to be pinned.

Comment

Working...
                    X