Humble Indie Bundle #2 Tops $1.3M, Adds More Titles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EarthMind View Post
    Cortex Command is an unfinished game. There is little gameplay and buggy as hell. I'm disappointed because it was the only game I was looking forward to
    They state on their site that it's an unfinished game; what did you expect?

Originally posted by humblebundle.com
    Please note, Cortex Command is still under active development.

Comment

Cortex Command is an unfinished game. There is little gameplay and buggy as hell. I'm disappointed because it was the only game I was looking forward to
      They clrearly say that it's not finished, but that everybody who buys it now will have access to the final version, along with all the updates in between.

Originally posted by Ex-Cyber
      Average contribution shouldn't matter in itself because the defining feature of the bundle is that there is no fixed price per copy.
      Still, it's great to see linux with the greater average A little competition between buyers is always a good way for them to make more money.

Comment

Problem is, if these bundles become too common, then everyone will start to de-value them in their minds, and say "oh I donated last time", and just contribute a penny or two to get their copy. Even with a few million pennies in their pockets (and consider that they only have <200K sales so far), that is still a far cry away from what they've made on HIB 1 and 2. And I think what they are making so far is... sufficient, but should really be more.

I wish we could see the actual distribution of payment prices across users for each platform. We could draw meaningful sociological analysis from it. Hopefully they give us the data after HIB2 ends.

Comment

Originally posted by RobbieAB View Post
          So long as you ticked the Linux box, we will forgive you
          I sure did

Comment

Originally posted by meklu View Post
            Please, do not distribute your private key

Comment

Haha, one more Incl. your code i found already 16 urls + one thread in a forum with lots of gift urls - not incl. my official one. It is just simpler to google it than to read mails

Comment

Originally posted by allquixotic View Post
                Problem is, if these bundles become too common, then everyone will start to de-value them in their minds, and say "oh I donated last time", and just contribute a penny or two to get their copy.
                This is one of the reasons that I tend to think they ought to flat-out turn this into patronage (i.e. "once we hit X amount, the games are freeware"). There are issues with that, but there are also issues with the current approach that would go away.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                  The original games were open-sourced when the first Humble Indie Bundle broke the million dollar mark...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODk0NQ
                  were open-sourced? public domain? GPL?
                  You write so much but say so little.

Comment

Define "buggy as hell"...

Comment

Originally posted by KDesk View Post
                      were open-sourced? public domain? GPL?
                      You write so much but say so little.
                      Game engines were GPLed for HIB #1- assets stayed closed for the games.

Don't know if you'll get the sign-off from as many for this one- the getting HIB #1 is the Humble Bundle gang's gift for this go-round. FOSSing the stuff's up to the studios as it was the last time.

Comment

Working...
                      X