Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nexuiz 2.5 Raises The Bar For Open-Source Gaming

Phoronix: Nexuiz 2.5 Raises The Bar For Open-Source Gaming

Nearly a year ago Nexuiz 2.4 was released and it offered impressive graphics along with a new menu design, improved networking performance, reduced memory usage, and many other enhancements to this open-source game. The developers behind this first person shooter have now outdone themselves again with the release of Nexuiz 2.5. This latest release of Nexuiz brings even better graphics capabilities along with a new HUD, network communication improvements that cut the bandwidth in half, smarter bots, even better graphics, and several new maps. In total more than 3,000 changes make up Nexuiz 2.5!

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Speechless

Those screenshots look amazing.

Once I get my crap hardware updated, this will be the first thing that gets installed. Might send them the money I had set aside for UT3 too.

Comment

Any Jaunty packages?

Comment

Originally posted by EmbraceUnity View Post
        Any Jaunty packages?
        I know we're past feature freeze for Jaunty, but I think, given the nature of the package, almost everyone would prefer 2.5 to ship in 9.04

Comment

Perfect timing, Nexuiz 2.5 is now in Git for Phoronix Test Suite 1.8!
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ethana2 View Post
            I know we're past feature freeze for Jaunty, but I think, given the nature of the package, almost everyone would prefer 2.5 to ship in 9.04
            Heck, I think we'd all be thrilled with just a .deb or PPA built for Jaunty, even if it didn't make the repo's.

Comment

A really good update. Everything looks so much better. Of course, the increased eye candy means a more hungry game in terms of GPU; my demo runs decreased 10fps on average (more than worth it in my opinion). Very well done game.

Comment

Yay! One of the most addictive games ever!

Comment

Nice improvement over 2.4 but that engine really could use Id Tech 4 to take it to the next level. No matter how much they improve the Darkplaces engine (based on the old quake 1 engine), it's technology is getting long in the tooth and all the fancy textures and lighting they add still doesn't improve the "straight as a ruler look" gameplay maps.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                    Nice improvement over 2.4 but that engine really could use Id Tech 4 to take it to the next level. No matter how much they improve the Darkplaces engine (based on the old quake 1 engine), it's technology is getting long in the tooth and all the fancy textures and lighting they add still doesn't improve the "straight as a ruler look" gameplay maps.
                    Was it open-sourced already?

Comment

Working...
                    X