Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kano View Post
    @paproch

was it a xv only problem or did it crash with gl output as well?
    Smplayer default set is xv and I used other options and result was the same.I'll try to use mplayer command line today evening.

Comment

@Kano
      Originally posted by paproch View Post
      Smplayer default set is xv and I used other options and result was the same.I'll try to use mplayer command line today evening.
      This is xv issue.

@Milos_SD
      Try to install newer ver xorg-server 1.11.x and meta package xorg-x11 with dependency.
      Last edited by paproch; 17 November 2011, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by paproch View Post
        @Milos_SD
        Try to install newer ver xorg-server 1.11.x and meta package xorg-x11 with dependency.
        I tried that, same problem. I talked with Alberto Milone on freenode, and he sad that he will look into it. He didn't updated scripts for PowerXpress alternatives to work with multilib. He thinks, maybe that is the the problem here. Let's wait for him to fix that, and upload new packages and see if that will fix this problem I'm having.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
          well Maya,3dmax and Catia don't run well then its the fault from 3dmax and CATIA.

the people should just quit in using this shit and they should start using "Blender"
          CATIA is not in the same category as 3DS/Blender. The only shared facet is that CATIA works with three-dimensional models. The similarities in use and functionality end there.

While your opinion regarding Maya/3DS may be valid, your lack of social grace hinders the message that you're trying to deliver. In fact, it probably has an adverse effect on the promotion of F/OSS software as a viable alternative to encumbered offerings.

Comment

PITA

What.A.Pain.In.The.Ass...

Lately there seems everything gone wrong in linux world. This work, but that didn't work. Those works but not this, etc..etc..
            # kde using much more memory now, more crashing. (Debian 64bit testing KDE 4.6.5 with 6xxMB startup mem).
            # AMD catalyst driver worsening (well, it's never good to begin with, haha)..
            # gnome 3
            # unity
            # etc..etc..

VGA: I don't know hows the situation at the green [graphic card] side now. Is there brighter or darker? If this card die on me, I can see that my next will be from green side. Until of course, the red side can provide working (I mean really-really working like good video out, opengl 2/3/4, etc) driver. open source one preferred.

Comment

@Milos_SD

if you are very lucky (which i doubt) you could disable the intel onboard in the bios. if you are not to lucky but want to try, then add while booting this:

blacklist=i915

that will prevent the intel module from loading on boot. you should use the xorg.conf you created too.

Comment

For me with hd4200 card the "no cursor on external screen" is fixed, I can now move the mouse around both screens without running xrandr to fix it.

Comment

only apologies and excuses!

if the opensource driver don't do what you want you only use the wrong "workstation" software!

well Maya,3dmax and Catia don't run well then its the fault from 3dmax and CATIA.

the people should just quit in using this shit and they should start using "Blender"

and yes "Blender" works well with the Open-source drivers.

and if "Blender" don't do the 3D CAD work then they should start a similar open-source project.

I vote for making Maya,3dmax,CATIA against the law! I also Vote for making FireGL and Quatro against the LAW!

no more apologies and excuses!
                  Yes, Blender works well with OSS driver, but OpenGL performance is better with fglrx. I had to switch to fglrx, because I had serious viewport slowdowns working with large 3D models in Blender. It's much better with fglrx. It's a shame, because OSS driver has better 2D performance and dual-head setup is easier.
                  I'd probably need better graphics card to be able to work with OSS radeon driver. I've seen good progress in OpenGL preformance of radeon driver so I'm hopeful for the future.
                  I think 3DS max doesn't even have linux version - only windows and mac.
                  CATIA is completely different type of software than Blender, as mentioned above.

Comment

Best driver since 11.06! Finally, they've fixed not only the corner mouse lag bug but OpenCL threads no longer busywait on a CPU core each! Absolutely fantastic. I'm seeing usable Wine performance, very few rendering glitches, and so far no lockups.

fglrx may not perfect but it's usable. At least with gnome2. Maybe I just haven't run it long enough to find all the rough edges, but for *my* use cases I can definitely say an ATI card is, as of fglrx 11.11, viable under Linux.

Bitcoin mania has given me $700 to spend on my next video card. Until this driver I was 100% convinced NV was getting that $, but now I'm thinking the red team could also be a contender. This release has vastly narrowed the gap between the two options in my view.

Comment

what kind of graphic card do you use? do you use the lastest radeon driver and latest kernel?
                      i already use kernel 3.2 rc2 and mesa 7.12devel (git-oibaf) version.
                      i do have a hd4770 in my pc right now.

maybe buy a faster graphic card is the better choice than using catalyst LOL
                      I use HD 4250, I know I could use FOSS driver if I'd buy with faster graphics, but fglrx and hd 4250 is enough for me now.
                      I don't use latest drivers, just plain fedora repo stuff. Last time (a month ago) i checked with current archlinux FOSS drver, fglrx was still noticeably faster.

I forgot about wine.

why not start a open-source project to compete against CATIA ?
                      I am not a CATIA user. I am not a programmer. Why should I start open-source project to compete against CATIA?

The point I wanted to make is that for some people - like me - fglrx driver works better than FOSS driver. I don't want to sacrifice power of my graphics card just to use OSS driver.

Comment

Working...
                      X