Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 5.0 Release Candidate - Final In About One Week

Phoronix: Qt 5.0 Release Candidate - Final In About One Week

After the past few days being met by a few test releases after betas in the prior weeks, the Qt 5.0 release candidate was officially made available this morning. The final release of the Qt 5.0 tool-kit is expected to happen next week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Qt 5.0 Release Candidate - Final In About One Week
    Translation: "It is here. Our crappy ever delayed toolkit just had a few last minute disruptive API changes. We are not sorry because frankly we dont care. Thats why we sacked the QA team. Greatest lulz .

And now to the fun part. Our team spend the delay time working on other stuff than linux. We care about ios, winRT, win and VxWorks. Hell we prefer to work on mac retina support before this crappy lunix shite. And what is it with those hippies talking about software freedom? We did away with that idea, dual license all the way. Your GPL crap is not wanted by us. KTHXBAI. Ps. Use KDE it is soooo koool. Nevermind it is crappy it is cute."

Comment

Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
      Translation: "It is here. Our crappy ever delayed toolkit just had a few last minute disruptive API changes. We are not sorry because frankly we dont care. Thats why we sacked the QA team. Greatest lulz .

And now to the fun part. Our team spend the delay time working on other stuff than linux. We care about ios, winRT, win and VxWorks. Hell we prefer to work on mac retina support before this crappy lunix shite. And what is it with those hippies talking about software freedom? We did away with that idea, dual license all the way. Your GPL crap is not wanted by us. KTHXBAI. Ps. Use KDE it is soooo koool. Nevermind it is crappy it is cute."
      Crappy toolkit? The only crap here is your comment. Of course though, we can discuss about the API breaking every release.

Comment

Reported for trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Fazer View Post
          Reported for trolling.
          Don't ban him! He's funny.

A reminder of just how insane some people go over minor community squabbles. Helps to keep the rest of us more sane and give us a perspective

Comment

Our crappy ever delayed toolkit
            Right, because of course neither GTK+ 3.0 nor Gnome 3.0 saw any delays at all. Oh wait...

just had a few last minute disruptive API changes
            Right, because unlike GTK+/Gnome both Qt and KDE have strict backwards-compatibility policies over the lifetime of a major release, so they absolutely have to get any API changes in before the final release. It doesn't matter as much for GTK+/Gnome because they just break APIs and ABIs whenever they fee like it.

Our team spend the delay time working on other stuff than linux.
            A blatant lie. Just because they didn't work exclusively on Linux doesn't mean they didn't work on Linux at all, they did.

Your GPL crap is not wanted by us.
            Right, they removed an existing license. Oh wait, Digia has made no changes to the license at all. And you can still use Qt under a GPL license, unlike GTK+, which is exclusively LGPL. I guess those Gnome folks hate the GPL also.
            Last edited by TheBlackCat; 06 December 2012, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Yep, it's true; @funkSTAR seems to camp phoronix forums in the hunt for KDE/Qt threads to throw ... you call that "comments"? no, I call that FUD o.o

Originally posted by Fazer View Post
              Reported for trolling.
              I was about to report him too ... but it's good to have a well-know troll rather than an invisible/unknown one.
              He's so cheap with the trolling and so obvious that I don't think anyone will pay him attention anyways.
              Last edited by vertexSymphony; 06 December 2012, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vertexSymphony View Post
                I was about to report him too ... but it's good to have a well-know troll rather than an invisible/unknown one.
                He's so cheap with the trolling and so obvious that I don't think anyone will pay him attention anyways.
                Phoronix forums are not moderated. Report as often as you like. Bo$$, Funkstar, and RealNC will stay.

Comment

Awesome. I'm just looking at some of the widget toolkits, and I suppose that starting with Qt 5 once it's out would be pretty nice. Now if only the QtD project was not as dead as it is... Well, here's hoping that the release of Qt 5 will bring interest back into the project.

Comment

Working...
                  X