No announcement yet.

Ubuntu Plans To Stick To "Stable GNOME"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it pains me to see that the top 2 DE in linux are absolute fail.

kde looks like it was made by dyslexic retarded children with crayons that put big ass icons all over the place, icons menus text all grabbled up in a big pile of fuck.

gnome was made to run on non existing tablets

unity is a fork of fail + lenses of cancer

I believe there are only 3 DE worth using and those are the ones the top distros should be packaged with:

LXDE (with 20 minutes you can make it look good)

Mate

Cinnamon

Comment

Originally posted by Pallidus View Post
      it pains me to see that the top 2 DE in linux are absolute fail.
      KDE is failing for sure. Gnome? No. Welcome to oct 2012 the month of laptops gaining touch support. Driven by the Win8 release many laptops are getting touch interfaces on top of normal input methods like keybords and mice/touchpanels. Yup thats right, if your DE cant do touch besides keyboards and mice then the DE is old fart crapware belonging to the past.

Lucky enough for Gnome they didnt buy into the idiotic idea of a clear distiction between touch and workstation. KDE can keep their backward DE on old hardware and keep smelling like the 90s. Im sure even the WM will stay oldfartish and deny the users a good resolution changing mechanism.

Comment

No way funkSTAR, KDE and Qt Qt Qt Qt Qt will come and kill you while you are asleep anyway (and your family too), there's nothing you can do to survive.

Comment

Originally posted by freedam View Post
          No way funkSTAR, KDE and Qt Qt Qt Qt Qt will come and kill you while you are asleep anyway (and your family too), there's nothing you can do to survive.
          I think that a KDE developer did his sister or something.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
            I think that a KDE developer did his sister or something.
            Acually my sister tried KDE once. She drscribed it as "soul rape". Silly her! A piece of software might damage your soul but this piece of retardo manureware csn do nothing but crash.

Comment

Talking about crashing will not make it more true, you know.

KDE simply does not crash nowadays, period. There was a rough period around the time 4.0 launched, but that's ancient history now.

IMHO, it is the most stable, most mature, and most feature-full desktop environment for Unix. It's not even close. Red Hat and Ubuntu chose a different environment for political reasons many years ago, so many new users who started using Linux recently are not aware of this, because they have never really tried it, but it's always been a great environment with great software.

Comment

When I saw the tittle I really hoped it was some sense of that there wasn't much point in tracking the unstable releases.

Comment

Originally posted by comical pingufunkybeat View Post
                  Talking about crashing will not make it more true, you know.

Comment

Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
                    Acually my sister tried KDE once. She drscribed it as "soul rape". Silly her! A piece of software might damage your soul but this piece of retardo manureware csn do nothing but crash.
                    False, once tried KDE (and Qt, i like so much to make you read this name) a person totally loses the ability to communicate with others because the Devil comes out of Qt and steals her soul. Your sister cannot have described her experience to you.

p.s. Ok, said this i stop.

Comment

Originally posted by freedam View Post
                      False, once tried KDE a person totally loses the ability to communicate with others because the Devil comes out of Qt and steals her soul.
                      Qt might be devilsh but a trained MS user like her is used to craptastic prisonware filled to the brim with legalese and a million excuses why it should be considered free. wht really made her speechless was the UIs smell of the 90s.

But then KDE crashed probaly due to her not running this ressource hog on a top500 secret mainframe sponsered by some shady Oakland agency.

True story.

Comment

Working...
                      X