Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Four Live v0.5

Phoronix: KDE Four Live v0.5

The third beta of KDE 4.0 was released this past week and today the KDE folks are out with KDE Four Live v0.5, which is based upon OpenSuSE. The KDE Four Live image contains all modules for KDE 4.0, KOffice 2.0 SVN, and other cutting-edge developments with v0.5 being the KDE 3.94.1 snapshot. At Phoronix we have taken a few screenshots to share from this very attractive desktop environment.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

For those of you that haven't tried it: it is not very polished (that will be done by the big distributions and with the final release), but it is very stable. So where Beta 2 was crashing a lot, Beta 3 does not have crashed once.

I can't wait for KWin 4 btw.

Comment

From where can i download the live w KDE4 ?
      Is it bootable from start or should it started manually after boot?
      Last edited by iGxx; 22 October 2007, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
          very stable
          Well, I couldn't even change the icon set without having to restart X afterwards... Would have liked to try Krita - if it hadn't crashed X...

Still a lot of work to do but I'v quite optministic it will be done on December

Comment

Working...
          X