Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gallium3D LLVMpipe Performance In Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Phoronix: Gallium3D LLVMpipe Performance In Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

For those curious about the current performance level of the LLVMpipe software-renderer OpenGL driver for Mesa's Gallium3D in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, here's some new benchmarks.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Could we pleeeease see a benchmark of LLVMpipe in VMs, compared to VM's native OpenGL passthrough?
    It feels faster than VirtualBox's 3D acceleration, by eye at least. I wonder if that's true and how VMware compares.

Comment

Originally posted by Shnatsel View Post
      Could we pleeeease see a benchmark of LLVMpipe in VMs, compared to VM's native OpenGL passthrough?
      It feels faster than VirtualBox's 3D acceleration, by eye at least. I wonder if that's true and how VMware compares.
      +1 asdasdasdasd

Comment

Originally posted by Shnatsel View Post
        I too think this would be interesting. I'm also interested to see AMD's performance. The higher frequency and shorter pipelines must make a massive difference in speed.

Comment

Would have been nice to see it compared to an older version of it self as well.

Comment

How comes the old Radeons 4xxx can keep up or exceed the new nvidias GTX 7xx in those tests? Are those tests CPU bottlenecked or is it a coincidence radeon HW matches the patterns in those tests better?

Comment

Originally posted by aceman View Post
              How comes the old Radeons 4xxx can keep up or exceed the new nvidias GTX 7xx in those tests? Are those tests CPU bottlenecked or is it a coincidence radeon HW matches the patterns in those tests better?
              As the article states they where running the nouveau driver and as such as not fully optimized and running at the lowest clock speed.

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
                That's what I was thinking!

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
                  Hard to do too well when going back with older Mesa releases doesn't build against the latest LLVM release that has the best support, so if using an old LLVM release that works for all intended versions of Mesa LLVMpipe to test, then you're missing out on the latest work within LLVM...
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    Hard to do too well when going back with older Mesa releases doesn't build against the latest LLVM release that has the best support, so if using an old LLVM release that works for all intended versions of Mesa LLVMpipe to test, then you're missing out on the latest work within LLVM...
                    Yeah you should pretty much have to run the test on an old distro like you do for the legacy Catalyst tests.

Comment

Working...
                    X