Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mono 2.8 Is Out With C# 4.0, Better Performance

Phoronix: Mono 2.8 Is Out With C# 4.0, Better Performance

While many in the open-source community do not like Mono on their system as a Microsoft .NET implementation for Linux (and other operating systems), for those interested in this C# compiler and run-time library, Mono 2.8 is now available for download. Mono 2.8 offers up a large number of improvements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Awesome!

Can't wait for this to hit badgerports.org. Interesting times ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
      Awesome!

Can't wait for this to hit badgerports.org. Interesting times ahead.
      WTF! Dude... the door was left wide open for a troll about M$ tainting Linux through mono or something like that. I figured since you weren't burning shit up on Gnome vs KDE you'd at least make it up to us elsewhere.

Are you going through a personal crisis? *slap* Snap out of it man...

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        Phoronix: Mono 2.8 Is Out With C# 4.0, Better Performance

While many in the open-source community do not like Mono on their system as a Microsoft .NET implementation for Linux (and other operating systems), for those interested in this C# compiler and run-time library, Mono 2.8 is now available for download. Mono 2.8 offers up a large number of improvements...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODY1Nw
        How closely related are Mono and LLVM? The fact that they both just released new versions that use the same version numbers suggests to me that there is a strong link between the two.

Comment

Great!
          All of us mono fans let's shout out "We need more mono crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Sixpack View Post
            WTF! Dude... the door was left wide open for a troll about M$ tainting Linux through mono or something like that. I figured since you weren't burning shit up on Gnome vs KDE you'd at least make it up to us elsewhere.

Nothing like that, I honestly love Mono. The fact that it brings out the trolls in force is just icing on the cake.

Great!
            All of us mono fans let's shout out "We need more mono crap!"
            Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by Shining Arcanine View Post
              How closely related are Mono and LLVM? The fact that they both just released new versions that use the same version numbers suggests to me that there is a strong link between the two.
              They're not related at all - the matching version numbers is pure coincidence.

Comment

Nice work on the catch up job you bunch of Microsoft copycats.

Just remember that MS is about to release the C# 5.0 and Silverlight 4.0 specs and their native dev tools on Windows 7 so you guys can keep catching up.

Oh don't mind the patent trap, they promised that they will not sue... For now!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Sixpack View Post

Defensive much. He just said I can't wait for this to hit his ubuntu repository. So I assume he's going to download it.

I however hate MONO and won't tolerate it on my computer. But that's my call.

Comment

Wasn't LLVM Apple's initial coockery?
                    If not; *ducks and runs for cover*

And Mono... Well I guess it's great that if you are a .Net coder or something (and please learn some C, C with classes and/or C++!) you can use Mono to develop cross-platform apps.
                    I don't know why BlackStar loves all this Microsoft tech so much (if he isn't trolling that is...), but if he wants FLOSS Windows then maybe ReactOS is more his thing. (realy) No pun intended.

Comment

Working...
                    X