Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenBSD 5.5 Brings Y2038 Compliance, Better Hardware Support

Phoronix: OpenBSD 5.5 Brings Y2038 Compliance, Better Hardware Support

OpenBSD 5.5 has been released! OpenBSD 5.5 is now Year 2038 compliant for all platforms by making time_t 64-bit, there's new hardware support, and other changes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

As an OpenBSD user I find it confusing that they didn't patch OpenSSL in the final release. One will have to compile base system in order to fix this issue, or to use OpenBSD-current :/

Comment

What's going on?

Michael, are you ok???? you put a link to an external site!

Comment

Originally posted by Zplay View Post
        As an OpenBSD user I find it confusing that they didn't patch OpenSSL in the final release. One will have to compile base system in order to fix this issue, or to use OpenBSD-current :/
        It isn't necessary to compile the base system, a patch for -release is already on www.openbsd.org/errata55.html and it only requires rebuilding libssl (and FTP).

Updating to -stable would require rebuilding the base system however (but would also fix the issue).

Comment

I don't think the OpenBSD devs have ported the Radeon DRM from the FreeBSD project. OpenBSD had the stack committed several weeks in advance of the FreeBSD guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Zplay View Post
            That's why OpenBSD sucks along with the rest of BSD. They make such a big noise about heartbleed while at the same time openly expose their users to the very same bug.

I recommend you switch to Linux, it's much more secure, secure updates are applied in a second and it's much more user friendly. OpenBSD has at least few security holes willingly planted by the developers for the NSA and CIA to use.

Comment

Originally posted by BSDude View Post
              I don't think the OpenBSD devs have ported the Radeon DRM from the FreeBSD project. OpenBSD had the stack committed several weeks in advance of the FreeBSD guys.
              Correct. Michael seems to make up crap all too often.

Comment

Originally posted by endman View Post
                That's why OpenBSD sucks along with the rest of BSD. They make such a big noise about heartbleed while at the same time openly expose their users to the very same bug.

I recommend you switch to Linux, it's much more secure, secure updates are applied in a second and it's much more user friendly. OpenBSD has at least few security holes willingly planted by the developers for the NSA and CIA to use.
                LOL. Batshit crazy go back to your cave.

Comment

Originally posted by archibald View Post
                  It isn't necessary to compile the base system, a patch for -release is already on www.openbsd.org/errata55.html and it only requires rebuilding libssl (and FTP).

Updating to -stable would require rebuilding the base system however (but would also fix the issue).
                  Mind showing us how to do it? Links, Steps etc.? Because I hear OpenBSD doesn't allow you to compile individual components. Only either the whole kernel or userland.

Originally posted by BSDude
                  No, they did.

They do not have the man power nor the tenacity to port it straight from Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by brad0 View Post
                    Correct. Michael seems to make up crap all too often.
                    Brad0, the BSD fayboy.

Looks with you're just pissed that OpenBSD's "new" radeon is old and outdated from Linux 3.8.

In Linux today, we use radeon from Linux 3.15. OpenBSD is years behind Linux in everything.

Comment

Working...
                    X