Apply To Be Part Of The Valve Linux Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlie View Post
    I am offended that you did not include Slackware in the list of distrobutions. Those Ubuntu/Debian people are not real Linux users. They can't trouble shoot and are in fact windows users in disguise. Acknowledge our mental superiority and add Slackware to the list and give us the preferential treatment we deserve.
    WTF!
    If you are so superior why not take Debian binaries and you manage to make them work in Slack or Arch?
    Come on, if you're a genius should be able to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
      Exactly. Something good comes to Linux and people have nothing better do to than to be butthurt crybabys whining about a stupid survey.
      *mimimimimi* I have multiple systems! *mimimi* Where is Slackware? *mimimimimi* I'm a distro developer and therfore more important *mimimi* What about hybrid graphics *mimimi* I have SLI let me specify this *mimimimi* Years of use is not a good measurement of how much of an expert you are *mimimimi*

For fucks sake...
      Yup, totally agree.

Comment

Originally posted by YAFU View Post
        WTF!
        If you are so superior why not take Debian binaries and you manage to make them work in Slack or Arch?
        For all the non-native English speakers: Charlie's post was obviously satire.

For all the really stupid native English speakers: Charlie's post was obviously satire.

Comment

Originally posted by YAFU View Post
          WTF!
          Indeed, that shouldn't be that a big problem....the issue here is if they accept him or me because we intend to use Slackware instead of UBUNTU....of course that i could have lied with all my kinda big canine teeth but i preferred to be honest...

Comment

Originally posted by Larian View Post
            For all the non-native English speakers: Charlie's post was obviously satire.
            Oh, sorry about that. It happens that this kind of comments can be read in forums from users who believe that.
            When you are satirical is convenient to put some smiley at the end of your comment.

Comment

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
              What is the link fro the group ?!? i forgot to click it before closed window and have no clue what it is
              http://steamcommunity.com/games/221410 ,you need to search for Linux in the Steam app to be able to join it

Comment

With all this talk about how to fill a survey and how inconvenient it is, I am quite happy that I'm Steam-free

Comment

Warning Rant: Skip if you do not want to read.

OK,

I had to just join the forum to tell whe Eletists and WHINERS to sack up!

You DO NOT HAVE TO RUN STEAM, OR SIGN UP FOR THE SURVEY, hey IT IS COMPLETELY OPTIONAL.

Secondly the great All Father Linus created and continues to develop Linux as a OS for the people, YES that means The average user and advanced "I am UBER godlke super HAXOR peeps"

Those of you, and you know who you are, are doing more harm to the reputation of the Linux community by whining like kids instead of contributing or providing coherent logical constructive criticism.

Necro - You are one angry person or improve your vocabulary to better express yourself, seriously you are like the Xbox kiddie squads..

Valve coming to Linux means it has reached a level of maturity to warrant commercial game support, take the compliment from the industry giant and go, or by the way some of you are moaning, pack up and go live on MARS where you will have total freedom from everything, Oxygen optional.

Go ahead DENY other people because of you narrowed frame of mind and eletist views.

And just to STFU some of you, I have been a Linux/Windows dual booter since way back when my Bro introduced me to Red Hat in 2001, since then it was Gentoo and Deb/Ubuntu.

The Linux world has made great strides and advancements and I am proud to be part of the community, but not on days like this with the stupid comments being posted. Stop wasting time and go back to your Population = 1 worlds where you can be king.

The rest of the populace will continue to happily use their favourite OS and Distro with their Games/Proprietry Blobs (OR NOT - HEY FREEDOM OF CHOICE!) an not skip a beat whether you are here or not..

TO Valve: If you are reading this, welcome to the Linux world and I and many others appreciate the effort being made to better support our platfrom of choice.

And yes I have damned well completed the Survey, give them time they will improve as they learn more about Linux.

KW

End Rant.
                  Last edited by kwagga; 27 October 2012, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kwagga View Post
                    Warning Rant: Skip if you do not want to read.
                    So tell us how you really feel.

For my part, I already play Valve's games under Linux, and I'm happy to do so. The native clients just mean I'll get better performance. And for me, that's enough. I've got no problem with running the binary NVIDIA driver on my desktop, because for me, that's the one that works best (the open source version didn't cut the mustard when I tried it last, and I understand Intel's driver to be inferior). I don't believe I should be made into a pariah for building a computer that works the way I want it to, and I'm not a fan of going nuclear on people who make different choices in hardware and software than I do. To my mind, espousing the virtues of FOSS while soiling yourself in rage over what people ought to be running is as hypocritical as a bishop in a whorehouse.

Valve is offering something for Linux that I am willing to pay for. Why can't people handle that? Is it because it's not officially supported on your marginally out-of-mainline distro with a user base of six or so? Do you have a hard-on for Ubuntu because a couple of Debian folks lost their minds and occasionally accuse Canonical of being communists (or some other equally senseless thing)? For fuck's sake, just get over yourself, people. Install the Steam client by hand if you really want to ... you can unpack .deb files, you know. And failing that, I would be greatly surprised if there are not ways to get the job done in most distro repositories. And if you're the kind of person who believes Steam is evil, then I invite you to not install it. In fact, why don't you wipe your ~/.wine directory while you're at it. There are fucking .dll files in there, man! That's Micro$oft corruption in your $HOME directory!

I don't think this is very likely, but is it possible that I'm the only one who sees Steam on Linux as a force for standardizing game development resources, at least in theory? I'd label that as a Good Thing. But I also understand that not everybody would agree with me. Sometimes zealotry prevents you from seeing the forest for the flames.

Comment

I smell Q butthurt in this thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X