X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    Then you might be right.
    But am I wrong?
    You might be right. However, by labeling Kristian's, et al @ Intel's creation as "stupid", I fail to see how it adds value. Your use of the adjective is polarizing and shuts people down, despite the fact that you may indeed have a valid point. That's all - and this has nothing to do with the content of your message or your point, but merely the "tone" of your message.

Having said that, there was a long ass discussion about this on the Wayland mailing list, I hope you've read it, it may answer your why/why nots. There is always a trade-off between both approaches. And last, if you don't like something, and are registering a complaint, you could also pitch in and fix it. If not that, in the least, be constructive and somewhat polite when aiming criticism at anything....

Am I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by MartinN View Post
      You might be right. However, by labeling Kristian's, et al @ Intel's creation as "stupid", I fail to see how it adds value. Your use of the adjective is polarizing and shuts people down, despite the fact that you may indeed have a valid point. That's all - and this has nothing to do with the content of your message or your point, but merely the "tone" of your message.

Having said that, there was a long ass discussion about this on the Wayland mailing list, I hope you've read it, it may answer your why/why nots. There is always a trade-off between both approaches. And last, if you don't like something, and are registering a complaint, you could also pitch in and fix it. If not that, in the least, be constructive and somewhat polite when aiming criticism at anything....

Am I wrong?
      You're right.

Also, I am not sure I am right, I might be wrong. I am not so technical proficient as the talented guys who are working on Wayland.

I just think they should consider the approach of other modern desktop systems, such as the approaches by Quartz (Mac) or Aero/DWM (Windows) or what they're called.

Also have in mind X (which I think they do, as many of them are also developers of X).
      Also have in mind rio (windowing system in Plan 9) and maybe give a thought or two about PostScript.

Comment

Working...
      X