Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Document Foundation Releases LibreOffice 3.5

Phoronix: The Document Foundation Releases LibreOffice 3.5

The LibreOffice 3.5 open-source office suite by The Document Foundation has seen a Valentine's Day release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I use LibreOffice everyday and am very satisfied.

Thanks for efforts!!!

Comment

It would be since if there was integrated R support... sorta like Rexcel but not crashy. R is one of the best Stats softwares in open source btw. I know from first hand experience it is a niche that needs to be filled many schools are currently saddled with $1000+ licenses for SPSS or the like which coudl be replaced fairly easily by Calc+R.

Comment

*Much* better than 3.4 on Windows. Better stability, better interop with MS Office, better looks, better features.

Well done developers, the new faster development pace is quickly turning LibreOffice into a viable alternative to MS Office!

Comment

Originally posted by cb88 View Post
          It would be since if there was integrated R support... sorta like Rexcel but not crashy. R is one of the best Stats softwares in open source btw. I know from first hand experience it is a niche that needs to be filled many schools are currently saddled with $1000+ licenses for SPSS or the like which coudl be replaced fairly easily by Calc+R.
          Now that's an interesting idea.

Comment

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm most interested in the grammar checker. I wonder if it's better than the languagetool extension and whether it'll require java like languagetool?

Comment

In our company we use LibreOffice both for the clients, and most importantly we integrate it into our CRMs to do background convertion of templates like RTF files to PDF. The ability to do document convertion from command line under Linux without X11 is currently the most important feature LibreOffice has (at least for us of course!)

Comment

Originally posted by cb88 View Post
                this is a good idea for an addon package to add that support and pull in the R packages for your distro. Maybe file a wishlist bug for that one if you are really interested in it

I installed LO 3.5 on Debian and it surely is more solid and here's to it getting even better parity with MSO 2007~2010 and thus open even more complex MSO docs and spreadsheets

Comment

Originally posted by bulletxt View Post
                  In our company we use LibreOffice both for the clients, and most importantly we integrate it into our CRMs to do background convertion of templates like RTF files to PDF. The ability to do document convertion from command line under Linux without X11 is currently the most important feature LibreOffice has (at least for us of course!)
                  +1

That's a boon for using scripts in whatever script language you prefer to do the document conversions/cleanup in the background.

Comment

Working...
                  X