X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by a user View Post
    tried wxwidgets ?
    Nope, not yet.
    Can I compile wxWidgets programs on different platforms without much overhead?

Comment

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
      Qt being a "piece of stinking commercial shit" is the only reason I am able to code something in it on Linux,
      and with almost no further work compile it nicely for windows/mac, unlike the linux-centered gtk.
      Hm. That's odd. I could have sworn there was a windows version of GIMP...

Comment

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
        Nope, not yet.
        Can I compile wxWidgets programs on different platforms without much overhead?
        of course. windows, mac, linux, various mobile/embeded plattforms....

as far as i know much better and easier than with qt.

Comment

Originally posted by dee. View Post
          Hm. That's odd. I could have sworn there was a windows version of GIMP...
          actually he didn't said contrary. he claimed that using gtk causes significant more work to get thinks to work on other platforms.

though i cannot confirm neither decline this as i do not have any gtk experience myself.

Comment

Originally posted by a user View Post
            actually he didn't said contrary. he claimed that using gtk causes significant more work to get thinks to work on other platforms.

though i cannot confirm neither decline this as i do not have any gtk experience myself.
            From what I can tell, GTK works just fine on both windows and mac. I'm not aware of any specific issues that would prevent porting GTK apps, as GTK is designed to be cross-platform.

Comment

Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
              And mind you this is CA to GNU who promised to abstain from commercial abuse.
              LOL. Digia promised not to commercially abuse people with their CLA too.

In other words, you like one project and not the other.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                Qt is licensed under QPL, GPL and LGPL. They are all FSF and OSI approved licenses. You can choose a license at your discretion.

You don't need to sign anything to use, modify or merge QPL, GPL or LGPL code.

I know that you're just trolling, but it's still important to correct this sort of FUD because younger users might not know this and might believe your rabid nonsense.
                I am one of the youngest people involved in OSS and I have no interest in using systemd. Am I the only one who sees irony to comments claiming that old people dislike systemd and young people love it?

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                  LOL. Digia promised not to commercially abuse people with their CLA too.
                  Wow. It is very rare to meet people who is suffering from your level of denial. Digias business case is to offer its products under commercial license. Both to earn money and keep the client out of the freedom loop by claiming open source can harm their business oportunities. Oh yeah and besides belittling the open source licenses they sell the commercial version with added value like more patches and commercial addons.

To them the open source version is only damaged goods which will attract potential future closed source customers. A mordern version of shareware where the can lure customers and scoop up free patches by the means of CLA.

I suggest you go have a look up at their page. And oh yeah make an inquiry to their sales department as well. Pretend to be confused about licenses and you will have a sale engineer talk FUD about LGPLs "risks and limitations" in five minutes. I have a former boss who went anti-open source because a 5 min chat with a Qt sales engineer. He had a neutral view before that. Im sure he still misinformed and spreads the license FUD in every elevator pitch.

Qt is having having benefints every time open source is getting FUDed. Digias business case is to fuck open source by be two faced liars. And any one with a brain can fugure it out when the look at the business case.
                  Last edited by funkSTAR; 11 January 2013, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ryao View Post
                    I am one of the youngest people involved in OSS and I have no interest in using systemd. Am I the only one who sees irony to comments claiming that old people dislike systemd and young people love it?
                    Well you are just a young forkster. The now established systemd maintenance team have more man-years of experience at maintaining the code than you have lived. And that includes your diapertime. Both the mess your mum cleaned up but also all the crappy udev-neckbeard shit you and fellow forksters crapped all over the place.

In five years time you will look back and laugh at the stupidity of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
                      Well you are just a young forkster. The now established systemd maintenance team have more man-years of experience at maintaining the code than you have lived. And that includes your diapertime. Both the mess your mum cleaned up but also all the crappy udev-neckbeard shit you and fellow forksters crapped all over the place.

In five years time you will look back and laugh at the stupidity of youth.
                      Is there any way that anyone could contradict you that would result in you accepting that you were wrong?

Comment

Working...
                      X