Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will UT3 For Linux Be Released This Year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't say I'll never buy anything from them again, in the end it is their prerogative what they do with their business, just as it is mine to buy, or not their products. At least they have released the game for the PS3, which is where I'm currently playing it. I must admit I don't plan going on-line and do most of my gaming in SP, but that's personal preferences. Hopefully this "loss" transforms into a "gain" in the form of other games being made available from other companies. Only time will tell, but so far I'm not missing this game in particular. But like I said, there are a lot of angry customers of whom Epic seems to have forgotten. And that IS bad.

Comment

• I'm still holding out here but Epic isn't being careful with how they are handling this. Perhaps if you want to get an answer, the big media circle has to find out about this issue and hold Epic's feet to the fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by EthraZa View Post
        I'll piracy it or will not play, but for sure I'll not buy!!!
        Here's a tip for you: Pirating it helps contribute to the network effect that ends up bringing them in more money. If you want to hurt them, don't play it at all and get your friends and associates to do the same thing.

Comment

• It's been the same since ... damn I can't remember.

Anyway the solution is brain dead simple but there is no discipline in open source.

DON'T RUN THEIR SERVERS TILL THEY COME UP WITH A CLIENT.

Sorry for yelling but it should be obvious.

Comment

• If I were really, really paranoid, I'd think this has something to do with this, but who am I kidding, its the inquirer and they're making fun of an alleged "study"

Comment

• Originally posted by PenGun View Post
              It's been the same since ... damn I can't remember.

Anyway the solution is brain dead simple but there is no discipline in open source.

Is there data on the proportion of server run on which platform? How many Linux servers are out there, anyway? What about the "official" servers for which the community has no control over?

Comment

• It's a shame that such company doesn't make Linux support for their games.
                I really liked Unreal and UT series and I've been buing their games just because they had native linux servers and clients. And now I wont buy any Epic game if they wont bring back native support for Linux.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thetargos View Post
                  Is there data on the proportion of server run on which platform? How many Linux servers are out there, anyway? What about the "official" servers for which the community has no control over?
                  Pretty much all hosting companies use the Linux side server which is why the servers almost ALWAYS get done.

Comment

• Originally posted by PenGun View Post
                    It's been the same since ... damn I can't remember.

Unfortunately, since the "official" servers use it, you end up missing the bulk of the actual offending situation that way- the servers still get used anyhow with whatever game you're talking about. It's part of the answer, yes, but it's not the solution you're looking for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                      Unfortunately, since the "official" servers use it, you end up missing the bulk of the actual offending situation that way- the servers still get used anyhow with whatever game you're talking about. It's part of the answer, yes, but it's not the solution you're looking for.
                      Really makes you wonder if Windows is so good a games platform, why not host the servers also on Windows? I'm sure management at Redmond would be more than pleased to have their systems used to host the servers of the "Games for Windows" initiative (yeah, I'm a bit bitter today)

Comment

Working...
                      X