Compiz Running With Mesa On R600/700 GPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drago View Post
    Hello there, can you tell me how many developers approximately are involved in open source R600-700 development. Thanks.
    At the moment there are 3 of us (Richard, Cooper, and I) working on the 3D driver, however Richard is on vacation right now.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
      At the moment there are 3 of us (Richard, Cooper, and I) working on the 3D driver, however Richard is on vacation right now.
      I thought that beside you, Bridgman and some others at AMD are working also on this.

Comment

I thought that beside you, Bridgman and some others at AMD are working also on this.
        Cooper, Richard, Bridgman, and I all work for AMD.

Comment

Bridgman is participating in the opensource driver development, just isn't participating in the coding afaik.

Comment

I'm the pointy-haired boss. Things work better when I don't code

Also, Jerome Glisse is working on 6xx-7xx KMS/GEM/TTM right now, and a number of other devs have worked on 6xx/7xx open source drivers over the last couple of years. On average there have probably been the equivalent of 2-4 full time devs at any given time, including AMD, Novell, Red Hat and independent developers. The 6xx/7xx 3D code has just reached the point where community developers are able to jump into the code and start suggesting/submitting patches, which is a nice milestone to reach.

If you include older GPUs, a lot more people are involved. A lot of the new features (KMS, GEM/TTM, Gallium3D) are being done on older GPUs first.
            Last edited by bridgman; 05 August 2009, 03:25 PM.
            Test signature

Comment

Hmmm, I'm still without 3D acc, but as sugested I enabled verbose output from LIBGL and here's what I got:
              Code:
              libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri/r600_dri.so: undefined symbol: _mesa_init_buffer_object_functions)
              libGL error: unable to load driver: r600_dri.so
              OpenGL vendor string: Mesa Project
              OpenGL renderer string: Software Rasterizer
              OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 7.6-devel
              OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20
              So it seems like my r600_dri module is missing some stuff.

[EDIT] Rebuilt r600_dri.so and libdricore.so manually from git and it worked.
              glxgears is giving me ~47.2 fps at default resolution. As expected if I maximize the thing it slows down to 1.966 FPS.

Thanks for the help guys
              Last edited by mdias; 05 August 2009, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mdias View Post
                So it seems like my r600_dri module is missing some stuff.
                [EDIT] Rebuilt r600_dri.so and libdricore.so manually from git and it worked.
                Thanks for the help guys
                I've installed ati-dri-r6xx-r7xx package from Arch AUR (by Perry3D). And having such error in Xorg.0.log :
                Code:
                (EE) AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri/r600_dri.so failed (libdricore.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
                libdricore.so is missed.
                I've got libdricore.so from libgl 7.5-1 and error disappears (r600_dri.so loaded successful). But glxinfo shows:
                Code:
                I am using kernel 2.6.30, mesa-git, libgl-git, xf86-video-ati-git, libdrm-git (all from AUR)

What I am doing wrong?

How to compile libdricore.so manually ?

Comment

Originally posted by javum View Post
                  I've installed ati-dri-r6xx-r7xx package from Arch AUR (by Perry3D). And having such error in Xorg.0.log :
                  Code:
                  (EE) AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri/r600_dri.so failed (libdricore.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
                  libdricore.so is missed.
                  I've got libdricore.so from libgl 7.5-1 and error disappears (r600_dri.so loaded successful). But glxinfo shows:
                  Code:
                  I am using kernel 2.6.30, mesa-git, libgl-git, xf86-video-ati-git, libdrm-git (all from AUR)

What I am doing wrong?

Hmm.. i didn't use the PKGBUILD from libgl that was already in the AUR.
                  Try this one: http://www.file-upload.net/download-...it.tar.gz.html

Comment

Originally posted by javum View Post
                    Code:
                    libdricore.so is missed.
                    Code:

What I am doing wrong?

I had the same problem. What I did was manually clone the git r6xx-r7xx repository, patch and build. For some reason the package from AUR was only generating the r600_dri.so file and not the libdricore.so one.

Comment

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                      I'm the pointy-haired boss. Things work better when I don't code
                      I didn't thought managers and bosses read Dilbert

Almost every strip about the pointy haired boss is an exact match on the boss, where I work! It is so scary

Comment

Working...
                      X