Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashrom Update Handles Flashing More Hardware

Phoronix: Flashrom Update Handles Flashing More Hardware

Flashrom, the open-source update to flash your motherboard BIOS and can also modify other flash ROM chips like graphics card BIOSes, has hit version 0.9.5. With this latest release there's greater hardware support and other new capabilities...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

haha why have i not heard of this program before? i've been wondering how to update my bios from linux for the longest time.

but what happens if a chip isn't supported? does the program just quit or does it screw up everything?

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      haha why have i not heard of this program before? i've been wondering how to update my bios from linux for the longest time.

but what happens if a chip isn't supported? does the program just quit or does it screw up everything?
      If it detects a chip that isn't supported or not fully supported flashrom will warn you about it first and you'll have the opportunity to exit. This utility has the potential of being more advanced than the other proprietary flashers out there.
      Last edited by DeepDayze; 22 February 2012, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
        If it detects a chip that isn't supported or not fully supported flashrom will warn you about it first and you'll have the opportunity to exit. This utility has the potential of being more advanced than the other proprietary flashers out there.
        haha ya definitely sounds like it. it seems great, i'll be trying it out later today.

Comment

Working...
        X