This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asdx
    I use nvidia hardware and I use nouveau, I'm happy with nouveau but I hate nvidia for not supporting Linux.

I do help nouveau by reporting bugs and I'm willing to spend 100% of my time to help improve the driver.

My intention is not to troll, there's no point in that; what I've been doing is express my frustration with nvidia and I think I should be able to, no?

This is a public forum and my comments are as valid as other people's comment.
    I don't think nvidia people really read this forum.

Your opinion of the company has been well-established.

Repeatedly dropping one-liner "f you nvidia" comments is of very little value.

Comment

My comments are not crap
      But if course they are. A post containing nothing but "Fuck you nvidia" has no substance whatsoever. It is, therefore, crap.

your comments are crap for calling other people names, and trying to limit what other people say. Idiot.
      Wait, are you honestly complaining about being called names in a post where you write the following:
      You fucking retard.

Fucking moron.

an asshole and an imbecile.
      ?

Typical juvenile behavior. You can dish out, but when someone calls you for what you are, you play the "mommy, they're meeeeeean to me!!" victim card. Ridiculous. And pathetic.

I don't care about that fucking nvidia developer, and I will continue to insult him and insult you as much as I have the reason and chance to do so.
      Yeah, so you're giving yourself permission to do so, while at the same time complaining when being called a juvenile idiot? That makes total sense! Except it doesn't.

People like you are the ones that deserve to be kicked from this community.
      LOL. Sure.

crazycheese, will you still defend asdx's posts as just "having a view point"? And Michael, will you still not ban asdx?

And just so we're clear: I don't care if an idiot on a forum gives me colorful descriptions. But I do find it annoying to see the "fuck you nvidia" posts all the time.

And no, putting a forum member on ignore is not a solution. If a person isn't capable of proper discourse (which asdx clearly isn't) then they must get removed. Otherwise you get a forum full of posts like asdx's above.

Comment

Feel free to ban me, don't care, I'm done with this forum
        You already said that once before. And yet you came back to continue with the crappy and annoying "f you nvidia" posts. Your words are meaningless.

Comment

Please tell me, why should I respect that Nvidia developer if they don't respect Linux?
          Who cares? You're turning this forum into nothing more than a shitstain on the internet.

Comment

What? You prefer to talk nicely about a company that doesn't support Linux?
            Err, you said you're done with this forum. Do that.

I will continue to talk whatever I want and however I want in this forum, and if I want to talk shit about that company, I will.
            "I will do whatever I want, but you can't do whatever you want". Yeah...

But fuck you if you think you're going to insult me or try to limit my freedom of speech.
            Wow, do you really not see the hypocrisy in this? Probably not, so let me explain it to you: If you give yourself the "freedom of speech" to write the posts you do, then I will give myself the "freedom of speech" to call you a juvenile idiot. And unless you want to be a total hypocrite, you can't complain about it.

Though that's not how the world actually works. "Freedom of speech" does not give you blanket permission to say whatever you want. Especially when you're at the same time trying to deny others to say what they want.
            Last edited by Gusar; 31 August 2012, 06:55 PM.

Comment

When have I denied what others said?
              "But fuck you if you think you're going to insult me or try to limit my freedom of speech." <- You're saying here I'm not allowed to "limit your freedom of speech". In other words, you're trying to censor me calling you out on your crap. So you're denying others to do what you're allowing yourself to do.

Comment

Look asdx: as much as I agree with you on the need to support the free driver stack to properly support Linux, you should stop and admit that you are actually now with Q gone the biggest troll on this forum. Calm down, learn to write intelligently, or shut the fuck up.

There is a difference between expressing a viewpoint and being a troll. For instance, while I dislike most of what johnc posts, he has rarely ever crossed the line to being a full blown troll. Sometimes he has posted statements designed to get people on edge or deliberately upset, and those were trolling, but for the most point he just states his point of view clearly and has rarely if ever personally attacked anyone. I dislike what he is saying most of the time and personally think his viewpoint is full of shit, but he has never fully crossed the line to become full of shit himself.

You on the other hand have. And this is not the first time. And it makes us all look bad. Grow up and stop making everyone who agrees with you on ANYTHING look bad. Seriously.

Comment

Please tell me, why should I respect that Nvidia developer if they don't respect Linux?
                  You should blame NVIDIA Corp, not NVIDIA devs.

Comment

Originally posted by Gusar
                    Michael, how long are you going to allow this completely juvenile behavior? Serious question.
                    Asdx needs to get off Linus' dick, but you shouldn't run off to mommy and daddy because he responded in kind to you telling him to fuck off. Unlike Q, who is a completely ridiculous person, you are feeding this troll. If you can't handle it, don't respond to him and certaintly don't do the same thing you'd like to see him gone for.

My intention is not to troll, there's no point in that; what I've been doing is express my frustration with nvidia and I think I should be able to, no?
                    Whilst that may be your intention, you're actually coming across as an idiot for a number of reasons, but primarly because it's your fault you bought a card with no open source support. This was neither promised, nor expected, thus you feeling somewhat mistreated or insulted due to the lack of delivery is particularly random and seems to be fueled by a gross misunderstanding of how the consumer market works.

Nvidia *nix support has been historically superior and most of the card owners were happy with that. Purchases were made based on this reality and if you bought for that reason, during that time period, then you made the right decision. You have no rights to demand further support after the fact of purchase, unless ofcourse future support was promised at the time purchase, which it was not. Essentially, you got what you paid for.

Like you, I'd love to see Open Source support for Nv cards, but my only reasonble recourse is not to buy their cards in the future. You can post 1000 "fuck you"s, but it's not going to make an iota of difference. You do not have the same relationship with nvidia developers as Linus does, so it doesn't really make sense for you to attempt to emulate his opinion for your own personal use case.

I don't care about that FUCKING Nvidia developer, and I will continue to insult him, because Nvidia has insulted me and many other Linux people also.
                    As the previous poster said, single developers don't make such decisions, thus insulting a single dev reflects poorly on you. In addition to this, you aren't going to win the minds of any Nv devs reading this forum by being rude to them. Why would you think that would work? As the saying goes, "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar".

And the devs aren't part of that fucking corporation? How exactly aren't they?
                    Singular devs do not make up the opinion of a corporation. For all you know, the dev you're bashing may agree with you, but they are required to follow the company line, as you often have to do when your employed.

Fuck, if anything the devs deserve to be bashed to death for being a bunch of FUCKING COWARDS who are too scared to talk to the management people and convince them to the right thing.
                    How the fuck do you know? Perhaps your shitty arguments have just failed to convince them of the merit of giving up their perceived driver advantage? Perhaps they agree with you and have already approached managment who disagree. Perhaps they simply don't give a fuck. Are you suggesting highly skilled and specialized developers should give up their jobs and stop supporting their families because you were too stupid to actually research what you were buying?

But sure they prefer to remain quiet while everyone else has to put up with their bullshit.
                    Again, you didn't need to put up with anything. You bought the cards of your own volition, why are you acting like they've held you up at gun point?
                    Last edited by ownagefool; 31 August 2012, 09:19 PM.

Comment

And the devs aren't part of that fucking corporation? How exactly aren't they?
                      They write codes.
                      I guess this is not their decisions to divulge their codes on a public git repository.

who are too scared to talk to the management people and convince them to the right thing.
                      Perhaps someone does it...

Comment

Working...
                      X