No announcement yet.

Another CryEngine Game Looks Towards Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The game looks nice, but has been around for quite a long time, by now.

Also, I would love to see some Space Pioneer coverage on Phoronix

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
      The game looks nice, but has been around for quite a long time, by now.

Also, I would love to see some Space Pioneer coverage on Phoronix
      this is a different one.

oh and seems space pioneer finally added a video

Comment

So they want to give the game the name of an already existing game? I see problems here...

Comment

"We do intend to support Linux"

That one line isn't exactly confidence-inspiring. I'll probably back it anyway. Seems like a cool game.

Comment

No point in backing this anyway since the chance they will make it is miniscule.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
              [...]
              I don't know about that. Somehow I find it hard to believe that independent developers who are developing games for the love of developing games would be troubled to patent what they create. Besides, if it's released it's already protected by copyright law and it can't be patented by someone else. No to mention that trying to patent some kind of game mechanic would be stupid. What if Id had patented "game that is controlled and viewed from a first person point of view with 3D environments". Actually, this might actually have been a good idea, as we wouldn't have the 337788 FPS franchises that exist today.
              answers about that might be on espacent (patent register):
              http://worldwide.espacenet.com/searc...n_EP&DB=EPODOC

So they want to give the game the name of an already existing game? I see problems here..."]So they want to give the game the name of an already existing game? I see problems here...
              the name "Cradle" is not protected for games currently. In the software area is something named CRADLE, but it looks like it isn't protected for games yet. So if they both finish their game with this name, and one of them protects the name. Then there could be issues for the other…

Comment

Originally posted by Kristian Joensen View Post
                No point in backing this anyway since the chance they will make it is miniscule.
                That's completely the wrong logic for crowdfunding. If they don't make it, you get your money back. Win-win.

Comment

Working...
                X