No announcement yet.

Cannot disable randr in Ubuntu Maverick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catalyst, from what I've seen (Via's driver did similar to me) does not respect each and every entry in xorg.conf

Comment

My last try to help you...

Originally posted by Not so pretty now View Post
      You still didn't get it -- all randr stuff was added by me and commented out because none of it had no effect.
      Aaaah... Ok, ok, sorry, I didn't get it!

Well, now I think your best bet to "solve" your problem is to run your Ubuntu in runlevel 3 (console mode, NOT recovery mode), remove the amdpcsdb file by typing "sudo rm -rf /etc/ati/amdpcsdb", (you can see how to do it here), and do a "sudo aticonfig --initial", to generate a "clean" xorg.conf file...

If you want to try it, it's up to you now...
      From now on, I can't help you anymore... I don't have no more ideas...

Cheers

Comment

But ubuntu/debian use the same runlevel settings from 2 to 5. You have to stop gdm or kdm directly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          But ubuntu/debian use the same runlevel settings from 2 to 5. You have to stop gdm or kdm directly.
          Thanks for the tip Kano...
          I didn't know about it... (I don't use debian/ubuntu for some years... )

Cheers

p.s. The arch wiki link I posted has the same tip as that you've posted...

Comment

Originally posted by evolution View Post
            Aaaah... Ok, ok, sorry, I didn't get it!

Well, now I think your best bet to "solve" your problem is to run your Ubuntu in runlevel 3 (console mode, NOT recovery mode), remove the amdpcsdb file by typing "sudo rm -rf /etc/ati/amdpcsdb", (you can see how to do it here), and do a "sudo aticonfig --initial", to generate a "clean" xorg.conf file...

If you want to try it, it's up to you now...
            From now on, I can't help you anymore... I don't have no more ideas...

Cheers
            This did not help.

Comment

Working...
            X