Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 Days & Counting For UT3 Linux Client

Phoronix: 100 Days & Counting For UT3 Linux Client

It's with much disesteem that today marks 100 days since the release of Unreal Tournament 3 and there still is no UT3 Linux client available or any word when it may be released. A port is being worked on and there has been a UT3 Linux server build, but any Linux (or Mac) demo/client has yet to be released...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

i'd risk saying it's another 100 days away.

Comment

A shame. This was one title I was really looking forward too, especially for the Linux support. Hoping for better fortunes if there is a UT4.

My guess is that this mostly has to do with the integration of closed source and non-cross platform components into the engine.

Comment

Who knows, this scandal may well mark the end of UT games coming to linux.

Why one might ask? well this has been a total fiasco, and ill bet that the vast majority of the people that would have bought it to play on linux are now not going to, this will in turn make the statistics become abysmal, and then they wont be able to "justify" porting it anymore.. all because of their own incompetence.

Comment

It really really pisses me off, because I bought UT3 and I haven't been able to play it for 1 second yet because of this.

There support of linux in the past has been good.

But this is silly, the least they could do is say whats going on.

Comment

Originally posted by oneman View Post
            It really really pisses me off, because I bought UT3 and I haven't been able to play it for 1 second yet because of this.
            And this is the exact reason why I do not buy any games *until* the native linux binary is out.

Comment

In my eyes, Epic has lost a lot of its reputation after this. Let's hope they stick to their words and eventually release the client.

Comment

Well you can play it on PS3 if you don't like Win

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                  Well you can play it on PS3 if you don't like Win
                  Hey now... You're pouring Naptha on top of those fires, lad...

Comment

"I need bilingual people to help translate MojoSetup, so it's nicely localized for some upcoming titles that are shipping really soon."
                    quoted from http://icculus.org/news/news.php?id=4391 .

Maybe the UT3 linux client is near?

Comment

Working...
                    X