Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD 8.35.5 Driver -- Hello Catalyst Control Center Linux Edition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kewlemer View Post
    I've been trying get the fglrx driver running on my custom 2.6.21 and after all the googling and breaking my head, I'm still unable to get it going.

To begin with, I intalled the driver using yum and it goes fine, but the only problem is that I cannot use my custom 2.6.21 kernel. I then cleaned it up to reinstall for my custom kernel. For this I got the driver from ATI and tried two approaches both of which failed in the same place(aticonfig: munmap_chunk()), which is same as above
    1. Using ATI's install GUI
    2. I built the RPM and try to install them.

Here are the logs -

Any update on this problem? Any suggestions? Any pointers ?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    KM
    Are you using the 8.36 driver?
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Sorry that I missed it. Yes it's the latest 8.36.5.

Thanks,
      KM

Comment

Anyone have any luck getting a dual monitor setup going in RHEL? I've installed the latest drivers, amdcccle, etc.

When I run amdcccle, only one of the displays is listed in the Display Manager.

BTW, this is a single graphics card setup, with a split on the output. Works fine when I boot into XP, just not in Red Hat.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasSpeed View Post
          Anyone have any luck getting a dual monitor setup going in RHEL? I've installed the latest drivers, amdcccle, etc.

When I run amdcccle, only one of the displays is listed in the Display Manager.

BTW, this is a single graphics card setup, with a split on the output. Works fine when I boot into XP, just not in Red Hat.

Thanks.
          Welcome to the forums.

What version of RHEL? Also, what graphics card?
          Michael Larabel

Comment

Sorry, it's Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS (v. 4 for 32-bit x86) and a Radeon X600 graphics card.

Thanks.

Comment

Also, another thing I meant to add was does it work if you use aticonfig instead of amdcccle? Either setting up dual head or Big Desktop? You could also try the aticonfig Dynamic Display Management Options. aticonfig --query-monitor
              Michael Larabel

Comment

That was a good suggestion... this seems like a clue:

aticonfig --query-monitor

Connected monitors: crt1, crt2
                Enabled monitors: crt2

So then I tried:
                aticonfig --enable-monitor crt1,crt2

and lo and behold, my second monitor turned on! Now they're in "clone" mode, I'm going to try to enable the big desktop with aticonfig.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasSpeed View Post
                  That was a good suggestion... this seems like a clue:

aticonfig --query-monitor

Connected monitors: crt1, crt2
                  Enabled monitors: crt2

So then I tried:
                  aticonfig --enable-monitor crt1,crt2

and lo and behold, my second monitor turned on! Now they're in "clone" mode, I'm going to try to enable the big desktop with aticonfig.
                  Looks like it was an amdcccle bug you are dealing with. Try 8.37 once its out and hopefully it will be fixed.
                  Michael Larabel

Comment

I actually got it to display "Big Desktop" mode by going back into amdcccle and selecting that mode for monitor 1. Go figure. Thanks for your help, I was really stuck.

Comment

Need Help again with Dual-head

I had to reinstall my system last week, and the display is now in a funny mode I can't seem to change.

I have a Y-connector from the analog output of the graphics card going into the analog inputs of two monitors.

The mouse travels across both displays, but each desktop is independent - I can't drag windows from one desktop to the other. It's not in "clone" mode, but it's not in "Big Desktop" either. I would like to get "Big Desktop" mode working again, but any changes I make to xorg.conf seem to lock up the system. Running amdcccle has no effect - the program doesn't modify xorg.conf, even though the permissions are opened up.

If I use system-config-display, the resulting xorg.conf file causes the system to lock up when I restart the X server.

Here are my details:
                      OS - RHEL4
                      Card - Radeon X600
                      Driver Version - 8.36.5
                      Catalyst Control Version - 0.9

Any light that someone can shed on this would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                      X