Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLVM Gets An Automatic Loop Vectorizer

Phoronix: LLVM Gets An Automatic Loop Vectorizer

A loop vectorizer has been committed to LLVM 3.2 that's capable of automatically vectorizing small loops...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Interesting article! Just one thing:
    Isn't it "begun" in "The work on the loop vectorizer had just began"?

Comment

Will there be a benchmark of this soon? As I understand it loop vectorization can net big performance gains.

Comment

Originally posted by frign View Post
        Interesting article! Just one thing:
        Isn't it "begun" in "The work on the loop vectorizer had just began"?
        Correct. The other way that begun would be properly used would be to say, ``Work has begun on the loop vectorizer ...''

Comment

Originally posted by chris200x9 View Post
          Will there be a benchmark of this soon? As I understand it loop vectorization can net big performance gains.
          I'll be sure to ask on the thread in question once Nadav, Hal Finkel, Chris Lattner and others intimately involved have worked out more of it.

Catching up on the discussion it appears the next LLVM Meeting they are planning on a BoF to discuss the Loop Vectorizer in-depth and to target their goals more completely.
          Last edited by Marc Driftmeyer; 26 October 2012, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X