The Wine Project Was Compromised

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    It's not like I said I would be glad if Stallman was gone, that would just be tasteless.
    That would be honest, as it is obvious from your comments, but I guess honesty is not your style. You'd rather stick to weak character assassinations, the arsenal of those who have no arguments.

Comment

Originally posted by XorEaxEax View Post
      That would be honest, as it is obvious from your comments, but I guess honesty is not your style. You'd rather stick to weak character assassinations, the arsenal of those who have no arguments.
      I don't have to do character assassinations when the party involved does a good enough job of a killing his own character. I have just as much right to criticize and jibe as anybody else, if it happens to be against your diety then that is something you will have to deal with.

Comment

I don't have to do character assassinations when the party involved does a good enough job of a killing his own character.
        Obviously you do since that is what you are occupying yourself with.

I have just as much right to criticize and jibe as anybody else,
        And I have every right to call you on your 'critique' being nothing but shitty ad hominem attacks. And I find it particularly bad since you are a moderator which is someone who should set the 'tone' of a forum.

if it happens to be against your diety then that is something you will have to deal with.
        Oh, yes make this about religion, you really have nothing of value to say on the matter do you?

Comment

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
          What good is ssh forwarding when your ssh key is 999999999999999999999999999999999 because the person packaging your version of OpenSSH portable is an idiot?
          "999999999999999999999999999999999" may be perfectly acceptable since it is equally probable as any other number. With randomness you can never be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by XorEaxEax View Post
            Obviously you do since that is what you are occupying yourself with.
            and yet you spar...
            And I have every right to call you on your 'critique' being nothing but shitty ad hominem attacks. And I find it particularly bad since you are a moderator which is someone who should set the 'tone' of a forum.
            You have every right to your opinion, as do I. Of course if you want me to start setting "tones" this also means heavier moderation which includes wiping of comments that anyone might find offensive or differs in view.

Oh, yes make this about religion, you really have nothing of value to say on the matter do you?
            I have a great many things on religion an how some carry on thinking there is only one answer to all of licensing issues, code rights, etc. I respect what Stallman has accomplished for his cause, not how he carries it out. If he or any other can call down others then they can expect the same in return.

Comment

Okay, so Stallman is a wack-job with a couple of good ideas. He's done good stuff for Free Software, and his social skills fall somewhere between those of a rowdy 14 year old and an angry chimp. He's also, apparently, God. (This explains the beard, but I thought he'd be taller.)

What does any of this have to do with security, WINE, or the various break-ins?

Comment

Of course if you want me to start setting "tones" this also means heavier moderation which includes wiping of comments that anyone might find offensive or differs in view.
                No it really doesn't, setting the tone is something the moderator does by his comments as they set an example of what is accepted. Wiping comments on the other hand is pure enforcement.

I respect what Stallman has accomplished for his cause, not how he carries it out.
                Then argue against that, don't resort to something as low as attacking the person. I have lot's of gripes with Stallman's 'vision', I totally disagree with the notion that proprietary software by default somehow robs me of my end-user rights and should be considered morally wrong. I've owned tons of proprietary software were I felt my end-user rights were in no way hampered due to lack of source code. And I have and will argue against such, however what I would never do is to ridicule a person in order to diminish his arguments, that's the lowest form of debate maneuver there is.

If he or any other can call down others then they can expect the same in return.
                Has he ridiculed anyone?

Originally posted by Larian View Post
                What does any of this have to do with security, WINE, or the various break-ins?
                Nothing, deanjo just desperately wanted to get a jab in at Stallman and decided to suddenly paint him as the vigourous defender of 'Linux security' in order to make a derogatory comment stick.

Comment

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
                  What good is ssh forwarding when your ssh key is 999999999999999999999999999999999 because the person packaging your version of OpenSSH portable is an idiot?
                  I use Gentoo Linux, which partially circumvents that problem by forcing its users to compile their own binaries.
                  Last edited by Shining Arcanine; 13 October 2011, 10:12 AM.

Comment

If I may interject for a moment, I consider myself a freetard and I laughed at that. It was a decent joke, chill.

Comment

Stats on site defacements: http://www.zone-h.org/news/id/4737

Code:
                      Linux	1,126,987
                      Windows 2003	197,822
                      FreeBSD	      46,992
                      Win 2008	15,083
                      FreeBSD based servers, less in number than Win 2008 are defaced more often.

Code:
                      Year	Total defacements Linux (all distros) 	Total defacements Windows (all versions)
                      2000	931	                                             2,587
                      2001	4,080	                                             13,549
                      2002	22,693	                                             43,441
                      2003	191,720	                                             58,571
                      2004	247,113	                                             119,402
                      2005	276,294	                                             179,945
                      2006	446,039	                                             258,129
                      2007	305,968	                                             139,427
                      2008	352,449	                                             141,061
                      2009	378,728	                                             143,151
                      2010	1,126,987	                                     219,419
                      Total	3,076,889	                                     1,318,682
                      Can we just drop the nonsensical belief that OSS is secure now and fix the problem in a realistic manner?

Comment

Working...
                      X