No announcement yet.

NVIDIA Wins Over AMD For Linux Gaming Ultra HD 4K Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, useless benchmark. I'll actually be interested if this was RadeonSI vs Nouveau. This benchmark is like saying the fastest cars are the ones with no wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
      For how long are people are saying this now?
      Exactly. And there's always the newer or more recent AMD cards which still don't have working drivers.

Plus, no AMD cards compete with Maxwell with regards to power efficiency. Not to mention, few compete with the 760/770/780 and if they do in these benchmarks, just check the FOSS and binary sections. You can read many complaints of bugs and features not working properly. That's why I ultimately went with a Nvdia card again. Even Nouveau is making some gains faster, it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        none of your opinions really matter when tests show that in linux, nvidia is CURRENTLY more cost effective and a better all around product.
        If you like spending money on hardware that is mostly a paper weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Panix View Post
          Exactly. And there's always the newer or more recent AMD cards which still don't have working drivers.

Plus, no AMD cards compete with Maxwell with regards to power efficiency. Not to mention, few compete with the 760/770/780 and if they do in these benchmarks, just check the FOSS and binary sections. You can read many complaints of bugs and features not working properly. That's why I ultimately went with a Nvdia card again. Even Nouveau is making some gains faster, it seems.
          Plus, in the best case what is the goal of spending a lot of $ on a brand new AMD top card if you have to wait 1 year to get descent performance with OSS driver? The next generation will already be there...

AMD dooms itself on Linux with those messy drivers, the only solution for them is to put work and money... or keep saving money by leaving behind 2% of market, commercially this is far to be stupid.

From a consumer side, NVidia is and will remain for long the only choice!

Concerning the arguing about the article title: benchmarks prove it, you may find a counter-example in the mass but generally "NVIDIA Wins Over AMD For Linux Gaming Ultra HD 4K Performance". Point.

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post
            From a consumer side, NVidia is and will remain for long the only choice!
            It's more like from a consumer side Intel and AMD remain the only choice. Maybe one day NVIDIA will decide to even enter the race.

Comment

Originally posted by brad0 View Post
              It's more like from a consumer side Intel and AMD remain the only choice. Maybe one day NVIDIA will decide to even enter the race.
              Consumers don't care at all about open source drivers and they never will.

Comment

Originally posted by scottishduck View Post
                Consumers don't care at all about open source drivers and they never will.
                Most consumers will never be using systems with NVIDIA hardware so they'll be using open source drivers whether they choose to or not.

Comment

Most consumers will never be using systems with NVIDIA hardware so they'll be using open source drivers whether they choose to or not.
                  brad0 always writes the same thing that has never been said but the contrary of the exact abstraction statement which is truly false by evidence on the other side right before now, absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post
                    brad0 always writes the same thing that has never been said but the contrary of the exact abstraction statement which is truly false by evidence on the other side right before now, absolutely.
                    Can you make yourself sound like anymore of a douchebag?

Comment

Can you make yourself sound like anymore of a douchebag?
                      I let readers decide who is the douchebag master here.
                      I am personally at my best, douchely speaking, but would be honored if you accept to train me.

Comment

Working...
                      X