Radeon R500/600 Support Goes Mainline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CrystalCowboy View Post
    This sounds great. is XVideo supported on R500 yet?
    Nope, not yet.

And how long do you think it will take the Fedora folks to get this into an update for Fedora 8?
    I believe it's in Fedora Rawhide right now but should be in time for Fedora 9. When ATI 6.8.0 is released, I imagine it would be a Fedora 8 update but would be up to David Airlie.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I hates the wait!

Comment

Well I guess everybody told you how good ATI cards are supported before you bought it *g* I personally use ATI only for testing and not for daily use.

Comment

This sounds great. is XVideo supported on R500 yet?

And how long do you think it will take the Fedora folks to get this into an update for Fedora 8?

Thanks,
          It should be in F8 updates-testing already... the drm kernel patch should also be in the latest F8 kernel.

I'll keep pushing testing packages when I get back to the office.. the tv-out pal fix would be nice to ship..

Dave.

Comment

Thanks, I installed xorg-x11-drv-ati-6.7.196-5.fc8 from updates-testing and I can now run the radeon driver on a X1650Pro.

Comment

I have some machines for which XVideo support is absolutely necessary. What cards are still available for which XVideo is supported under the radeon driver?

Comment

I have some machines for which XVideo support is absolutely necessary. What cards are still available for which XVideo is supported under the radeon driver?
                All radeons up through the x850 (r4xx) have working Xv.

Comment

How about the X1050 ? I"m pretty sure that has a supported core.
                  Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                    How about the X1050 ? I"m pretty sure that has a supported core.
                    Yes. That will work too.

Comment

I had a X1050 for short time, that card is extra slow and switching from ati to fglrx usually locked the system...

Comment

Working...
                      X