No announcement yet.

r300/500 rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also take a look at cell phone operating systems.

I was shopping for an Android phone today.

I reconsidered because I saw how smooth an IPhone scaled pages and zoomed. The Android I was looking at was jerky and sluggish.

I won't name names. But quality control in 2010/2009 is a beast.

Comment

That's cause tech. is progressing at an even faster rate these days. Tons of new gadgets and what not are being churned out at an impressive rate and as usual everybody wants a piece of the pie but there are more companies than ever trying to get hands on a piece. I guess that kind of rapid development comes at a cost.

Comment

Originally posted by rob2687 View Post
        That's cause tech. is progressing at an even faster rate these days. Tons of new gadgets and what not are being churned out at an impressive rate and as usual everybody wants a piece of the pie but there are more companies than ever trying to get hands on a piece. I guess that kind of rapid development comes at a cost.
        Hard to actually call it progressing if it's all still half-baked at release time. "Progress" should mean that it actually works and has all of the kinks worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrl View Post
          Also take a look at cell phone operating systems.

I was shopping for an Android phone today.

I reconsidered because I saw how smooth an IPhone scaled pages and zoomed. The Android I was looking at was jerky and sluggish.

I won't name names. But quality control in 2010/2009 is a beast.
          The iPhone's interface is very slick, but you have to use iTunes to load stuff onto it, so the experience as a whole is kind of a wash.

Comment

I'm using gtkpod with iPhone. The only thing I've found I need iTunes for is firmware loading after jailbreak build with Pwnage Tool. Android is coming along nicely but still feels a bit rough compared to iPhone.

Comment

I notice that Airlie has committed his Radeon/Winsys rework for the r300g driver to Master a few hours ago.

I think this was to get the performance of the classic and gallium drivers to be on par.

Has anyone tested?

Comment

Working...
              X