X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting - I also have a Radeon with Audigy2 combination

Originally posted by AdamW View Post
    blindfrog: did you file a bug for that?

There was another guy having odd interactions between radeon driver and his sound card. I wonder if there's something deeper going on than just resource conflicts...
    And then there's me:

I have a Radeon 9550, and am running a 2.6.31.5 kernel with Fedora 11 and without KMS. And although I say "suddenly", it would be more accurate to say that things have suddenly become a lot worse. My "noise" problem used to only happen for a minute or so after start-up, and would then go away.
    Last edited by chrisr; 28 October 2009, 05:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisr View Post
      And then there's me:

I have a Radeon 9550, and am running a 2.6.31.5 kernel with Fedora 11 and without KMS. And although I say "suddenly", it would be more accurate to say that things have suddenly become a lot worse. My "noise" problem used to only happen for a minute or so after start-up, and would then go away.
      Interesting, but not the same problem. I'd have a tough time guessing what your problem actually is, though. Try moving your Audigy to a different PCI slot, if it's an expansion card and not on-board.

Comment

> If it doesn't load r600 it will default to swrast.

could you post me your output of:
        glxinfo |grep -E 'OpenGL|server|client'
        ?

Comment

Originally posted by iVistux View Post
          Are there any experiences with Radeon3D and KDE4 (Kwin)??

Btw. if someone successfully tests games, drop it here: http://www.x.org/wiki/RadeonProgram
          I tried it in the current Fedora 12 Beta and it .. started. There were some minor glitches (like wrong transparency) and the performance was so medium. My gfx card is a radeon 4830.

Comment

Radeon X800?

I'd like to know whether my Power Mac G5's Radeon x800 will be working under Fedora 12? It wasn't with 11.

Comment

Is there an active bug ticket open for the problem ? If not, there's a good chance nobody is aware something needs to be done.
              Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by ewood View Post
                I'd like to know whether my Power Mac G5's Radeon x800 will be working under Fedora 12? It wasn't with 11.
                Right... x800 should have been working since F...9?
                As bridgman above says, might be a bug that just doesn't happen to be known, i.e., it doesn't affect very many people. Be sure to report it, i.e. to the bug trackers of both Fedora as well as Xorg.

Could also be something to do with the KMS stuff that was really in a "not sure if its coming or going" state in F11, might want to try to just force-disable KMS. I think the kernel parameter is "nomodeset" (or something like that).

Might also help if you describe what it does (or does not) do in more details... "not working" doesn't give anybody much to go on.

Comment

Originally posted by dernob View Post
                  and the performance was so medium...
                  Aren't Fedora pre-releases built with debugging code? That could slow it down..

Comment

Originally posted by ewood View Post
                    KMS was missing big endian support when F11 was released. It should be working now, although it gets less testing than x86.

Comment

DanL: the kernel from F12 Beta still had debugging code built-in, the latest one from updates does not. Testing indicates a noticeable performance improvement for Radeon/KMS with the non-debug kernel.

Comment

Working...
                      X