Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 1.2 Release Candidate 3 Is Out Now

Phoronix: Wine 1.2 Release Candidate 3 Is Out Now

While the release of Wine 1.2 is imminent, it's still not 100% ready so as such Wine 1.2 Release Candidate 3 has surfaced today. This third release candidate for the major Wine 1.2 release offers up more bug fixes along with translation updates...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does anyone else get furious how installing wine on ubuntu f's up your browser fonts?

Comment

Down from 73 to 58 bugs, quite nice.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
        Down from 73 to 58 bugs, quite nice.
        It's ca. 1 bug per day (without counting Saturdays and Sundays). If you take into account how many peoples are hired for the work and how many contribute for free then it doesn't look so great.

If you won't count bugs which were fixed in earlier releases but reported for 1.2-rc3 then rate of fixing bug is even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Hohlraum View Post
          Does anyone else get furious how installing wine on ubuntu f's up your browser fonts?
          yep. solution is:
          Code:
          aptitude hold ttf-mscorefonts-installer

Comment

wine...

It doesn't matter what version i am on, it simply doesn't work for me.
            The only thing I want from it - to play steam games, and it fails miserably at it.

I have latest nvidia proprietary drivers, xorg 1.8 and many different 3d games working on me computer. Including many proprietary games, like savage, HON, ETQW, Survivor(both versions), etc... So I am pretty sure it's not my computer.

Comment

Originally posted by dimko View Post
              It doesn't matter what version i am on, it simply doesn't work for me.
              The only thing I want from it - to play steam games, and it fails miserably at it.
              Wine will always fail with games as its DirectX to OpenGL mapper will never be as fast as DirectX on Windows.

Just raise your voice in the Steam Forum, so we hopefully get a native Steam client and many native games, soon:

Comment

Before testing this Wine release be sure to have kernel 2.6.34 or greater.
                I remember there was a bug that had to be resolved at kernel level (Populous: The Beginning, Heroes of Might and Magic III, probably others too).

Comment

Originally posted by DeiF View Post
                  Before testing this Wine release be sure to have kernel 2.6.34 or greater.
                  I remember there was a bug that had to be resolved at kernel level (Populous: The Beginning, Heroes of Might and Magic III, probably others too).
                  Did this bug in Hmm3 cause frequent crashes of the game? Means its fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by crispy View Post
                    Did this bug in Hmm3 cause frequent crashes of the game? Means its fixed?
                    Well, after your comment I did a quick search, and yes, it seems one of them is related to homm3 crashing, though someone updated to 2.6.34 and still crashes.

Populous fails to start:

Homm3 hangs:

Comment

Working...
                    X