Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix.com Turns Nine Years Old, PTS Turns Five

Phoronix: Phoronix.com Turns Nine Years Old, PTS Turns Five

It was nine years ago today, on 5 June 2004, that I founded Phoronix.com as a long expedition to ultimately enrich the Linux hardware experience and to become the leading source for providing Linux hardware reviews. Additionally, it's five years ago today that marks the public release of Phoronix Test Suite 1.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good job, Michael!

Comment

The No. 1 Linux hardware site, period. No other site got me excited so often over the last years as Phoronix. Only Michael could pull it off.

Comment

Congratulations Phoronix. And Michael. We all give you a hard time from time to time, but we still come back here every time, because your site provides news and your forums provide entertainment. 9 years is a long time on the internet, so that's a fairly respectable achievement, so again, congrats for that.

Comment

Great Job Michael! Thanks for all your work on the #1 Linux Hardware site.

Comment

Congrats!

But please fix the ad-free browsing. I paid for Phoronix Premium and I ALWAYS see ads when I open Phoronix. The steps to get rid of the ads are as annoying as the ads themselves. So basically I paid for double the annoyance.
            Last edited by talvik; 05 June 2013, 12:01 PM.

Comment

a pretty remarkable run, when many other linux-centric sites have failed or got lost (linuxdevices, I'm looking at you by way of example).

well done for your tenacity and thanks for a useful site.

Comment

Originally posted by talvik View Post
                Congrats!

But please fix the ad-free browsing. I paid for Phoronix Premium and I ALWAYS see ads when I open Phoronix. The steps to get rid of the ads are as annoying as the ads themselves. So basically I paid for double the annoyance.
                Why not use adblock?

Comment

Bravo!

Salut Michael,

Congratutlations and thanks for all of your remakable efforts to help the FreeSoftware comunity!

I know you like beers so I've just taken one to virtualy cheers with you ;-) I also hope we shall have a real one at FOSDEM next year.

Cheers!

A+
                  Debcool
                  Et si je poussais une longue plainte déchirante pudiquement masquée sous la morsure cinglante de mon humour ravageur?

Comment

Originally posted by dee. View Post
                    Why not use adblock?
                    I think it's unfair to use adblock with a full pre-defined ruleset as it deprives sites you enjoy of revenue.

Although I use adblock I only selectively block ads when they are so intrusive they make a site unusable.

Comment

Working...
                    X