Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 10 Packages For Fedora 20

Phoronix: Mesa 10 Packages For Fedora 20

While Fedora 20 is looking to land GNOME 3.12 as a stable release upgrade, the developers normally shipping a bleeding-edge Linux graphics stack haven't sent down any stable release updates for the much-improved Mesa 10 drivers. Fortunately, there's some unofficial choices...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'd rather have a intel driver update than a mesa update. There is a really annoying bug in the version of xorg-x11-drv-intel in f20 which is fixed in 2.9<something>

Comment

Copr Repo Manamger GUI

Fedora needs a GUI tool to add/remove coper repositories. Most repo files have the same files and such a tool will help Copr become more user friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilfred View Post
        I'd rather have a intel driver update than a mesa update. There is a really annoying bug in the version of xorg-x11-drv-intel in f20 which is fixed in 2.9<something>
        I am sure there is more than one bug however one does need a bug report number to refer to the problem you are talking about. Would you mind providing that?

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
          I am sure there is more than one bug however one does need a bug report number to refer to the problem you are talking about. Would you mind providing that?
          No problem:

I have enabled sna, because well uxa is slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilfred View Post
            You probably should file it in Red Hat bugzilla and add a reference to this report and request an update. The fix looks fairly targeted and the Fedora maintainer could consider backporting it.

Comment

here's a New repo for what looks like 10.2 git releases for f20 http://blog.kwizart.fr/post/2014/03/...-for-Fedora-20

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
                You probably should file it in Red Hat bugzilla and add a reference to this report and request an update. The fix looks fairly targeted and the Fedora maintainer could consider backporting it.
                Done: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1071762

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
                  here's a New repo for what looks like 10.2 git releases for f20 http://blog.kwizart.fr/post/2014/03/...-for-Fedora-20
                  Tried but realized I had upgraded my llvm to 3.4, while this repo is still using llvm 3.3

I'm afraid it'll take a long time for fedora users to get the full benefits from upstreams.

Comment

Working...
                  X