10.4 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikeuw View Post
    Until the mobility radeon hd 5000 series is supported, I'm S.O.L.
    Ouch, I feel for you. That's a relatively new card, isn't it? I hope you get support soon.

Comment

Assume no real difference between this and fglrx in ubuntu/debian repos (besides them still being pre-release for another day or so)?

Comment

Originally posted by esheesle View Post
        Assume no real difference between this and fglrx in ubuntu/debian repos (besides them still being pre-release for another day or so)?
        The version I get from the Ubuntu karmic repos is 10.1 (maybe 10.2)?

Code:
        xorg-driver-fglrx:
          Installed: (none)
          Candidate: 2:8.660-0ubuntu4
          Version table:
             2:8.660-0ubuntu4 0

Comment

Originally posted by mikeuw View Post
          The version I get from the Ubuntu karmic repos is 10.1 (maybe 10.2)?

Code:
          xorg-driver-fglrx:
            Installed: (none)
            Candidate: 2:8.660-0ubuntu4
            Version table:
               2:8.660-0ubuntu4 0
          I'm using the ones from debian sid(unstable) and they are supposed to be 10.4 prerelease. just making sure the official ati binaries don't have some benefit over fglrx.

Comment

Cool, seems they have fixed Unigine Tropics and Heaven for Evergreen cards. I can't believe my eyes

Comment

Originally posted by rohcQaH View Post
              Originally posted by mikeuw
              until I try maximizing flash video. Then it's basically unusable.
              same here, both with fglrx and with nvidia. That's adobe flash for you
              Is that with 1080p video? With both 480 and 720p I've got no issues with full screened Flash playback at 1920x1200 on nVidia.

Comment

Quick note: can't enable Kwin in openSUSE 11.2 64bit.
                After the first login, windows decorations were missing and everything was plain old 2D, subsequent attempts have either resulted in an error message or getting kicked to the login screen.
                I've tried Option "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps" "on" in xorg.conf that helped with 10.2, but no-go this time as far as I can tell.
                Will try more tomorrow, bedtime :P

Comment

mugginz: just checked, 1680x1050 with a 360p-video. Stutters as soon as I enter fullscreen mode.
                  youtube-dl ftw.

Comment

Originally posted by mugginz View Post
                    Is that with 1080p video? With both 480 and 720p I've got no issues with full screened Flash playback at 1920x1200 on nVidia.
                    The performance problems I'm having are with non-hd format...but it seems to be limited to flash video that (I think) has DRM associated with it (e.g., watch.ctv.ca or globaltv.com, if you're in Canada)...everything else I've tried (e.g., youtube or CBC) looks fine.

Comment

Ok, I stand corrected...all flash video is now playing fine.

The only thing I can say for sure that has changed is that I increased the amount of storage allowed in flash settings (up to 10mb). I have disabled/enabled hw acceleration in flash (it's currently enabled). I also added /etc/adobe/mms.cfg with one line in it: OverrideGPUValidation=1

I don't know what could have made things start working, but something there did it.

Comment

Working...
                      X