Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Oslo Meet-Up Next Week

Phoronix: Phoronix Oslo Meet-Up Next Week

Due to yesterday's very unfortunate attacks in the great land of Norway, on the way to the Berlin Desktop Summit I will now be stopping in Oslo for one week to support in any way possible due to knowing individuals affected by the devastating events. A Phoronix Oslo meet-up is also looking to be organized...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm probably in Oslo that weekend! Keep us updated!

Comment

I may come from Trondheim to Oslo during the week. If so, please count me in for a beer

Comment

Right now there's been a few emails from various Oslo people... I'm hoping to arrange something on the 29th and/or 30th. Right now I am waiting on feedback from these people (or anyone else) about a nice pub-style place in downtown Oslo (ideally near the city centre) with good beers and ideally WiFi too.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Aker brygge is nice, also there are a couple of nice places by Akershus festning. Typically outdoor alternatives though, so not so much for rainy days. Haven't tested the wifi conditions there either. Of course, there is always Carl Johan too.

Comment

Originally posted by Del_ View Post
            Aker brygge is nice, also there are a couple of nice places by Akershus festning. Typically outdoor alternatives though, so not so much for rainy days. Haven't tested the wifi conditions there either. Of course, there is always Carl Johan too.
            Any particular bar/restaurant recommendations though?
            Michael Larabel

Comment

If weather permits, I like Lekter'n. It is admittedly a bit on the pricey side, so it may not be for everybody. Some links:

Velkommen til Oslos møteplass for shopping, servering og opplevelser.

Seems like I am quickly getting committed here I will go into negotiations with my wife immediately. Please keep the schedule updated, I will aim for Oslo on Friday/Saturday given your current schedule.
              Last edited by Del_; 25 July 2011, 09:48 AM.

Comment

If weather permits, I like Lekter'n. It is admittedly a bit on the pricey side, so it may not be for everybody. Some links:

Velkommen til Oslos møteplass for shopping, servering og opplevelser.
                Lekter'n looks nice... Alcohol is expensive anywhere in Norway compared to America. The NOK has certainly become stronger since last time I did much drinking in Norway. Now it's about $16 USD for not the best beer... Even worse than Oktoberfest :P But Norway is a great place any ways.

So is Aker Brygge also the name of a bar? I had thought it was a neighborhood.

Seems like I am quickly getting committed here I will go into negotiations with my wife immediately. Please keep the schedule updated, I will aim for Oslo on Friday/Saturday given your current schedule.
                As far as I know, I don't have anything else going on Friday or Saturday night... Still waiting back from some of the other Phoronix readers to email me back. I don't have any engagements with any of my personal Norwegian friends and colleagues until I think the 31st or 1st of August, so may end up at Lekter'n or elsewhere this weekend regardless of other Phoronix readers showing up.
                Michael Larabel

Comment

Great! I have just got green light for Friday in Oslo. Aker brygge is indeed the area (with numerous restaurants and bars, Lekter'n is a boat anchored there, with a beautiful view of Oslo and the Oslo fjord. Here is a picture of it:
                  Lekter`n får ikke hindre ansatte i å snuble med fulle ølbrett fordi den er en lekter.

You shouldn't worry about prices though. I am surprised if you are able to spend any money there.

Any time after working hours is fine with me.

Comment

Great! I have just got green light for Friday in Oslo. Aker brygge is indeed the area (with numerous restaurants and bars, Lekter'n is a boat anchored there, with a beautiful view of Oslo and the Oslo fjord. Here is a picture of it:
                    Lekter`n får ikke hindre ansatte i å snuble med fulle ølbrett fordi den er en lekter.

You shouldn't worry about prices though. I am surprised if you are able to spend any money there.

Any time after working hours is fine with me.
                    Any recommended time when it's after working hours for most people and not too crowded at the place?
                    Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
                    X